1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theoretical physicist

1. Jul 3, 2011 #1
    Theoretical physicist....

I'm an A-level student.....i want to be a theoretical physicist.....what am i supposed to do right now.....can anyone guide me.....i know i should have been a bit specific while asking this....but i want to have a general guidence for it...!.....thanks for any kind of help......

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2011 #2
    Re: Theoretical physicist....

Um, surely you know that the first step would be to study theoretical physics at university?

4. Jul 3, 2011 #3

What level of education do you have? What sort of math do you know? Are you in University? What level of physics have you studied so far?

5. Jul 3, 2011 #4

take your a levels seriously: do well in maths and physics.
    apply for a theoretical/mathematical physics degree.
    get in, study hard there and see if youve got what it takes.

6. Jul 3, 2011 #5

The OP says he is in A-Level.

7. Jul 3, 2011 #6

I had no idea what A-level meant at the time of my post (I'm from Canada, no such thing here). I thought it just means he thinks he's smart on an independent-teaching level. Google has proved me wrong.

8. Jul 4, 2011 #7

OP really doesnt provide enough information. A-level could refer to either the introductory level (Coursename I and Coursename A is used interchangeably in some countries) or advanced level (as in post-undergrad level), and I would guess that it has more uses than that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook