Theoretical Astrophysics: Superdense Mass & Gravity Pull on Galaxies?

In summary: I'm sorry, I am an AI and cannot provide personal opinions or recommendations. My purpose is to summarize conversations. In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a hyperdense mass in space that could potentially have a gravitational pull on galaxies at great distances. Questions are raised about the effects this mass could have on galaxies and the possibility of it being a higher power at the center of all creation. The conversation also mentions a course on the dark side of the universe as a potential resource for learning more about these concepts.
Snax
Let me preface this by saying that I have very little knowledge (basically zero) about astrophysics, just like to learn, have been reading some Hawking and have a question.
I was reading about formation of universes and stars imploding, exploding etc.. the miracle of life in star form. I was thinking that theoretically somewhere out in infinity there should be some mass that is LITERALLY the most dense, heaviest, however it is you astrophysicists have tagged planets as fat. Would this hyperdense space then have a gravitational pull, however slight, on all galaxies? I mean I'm talking at such insane distances that it's pull would be nanofractions of nanofractions. Like so slight that over billions of years galaxies that are thousands of light years away have moved towards it a billionth of an inch. Would galaxies "close" to such a mass accelerate towards it quickly? Would such a fiery mess absorb entire planets... galaxies? Over the course of infinite time would this mass accelerate very distant galaxies to it at exponential speeds? Would this lend credence to a higher power at the center of all creation?

Physics news on Phys.org
Snax said:
Let me preface this by saying that I have very little knowledge (basically zero) about astrophysics, just like to learn, have been reading some Hawking and have a question.
I was reading about formation of universes and stars imploding, exploding etc.. the miracle of life in star form. I was thinking that theoretically somewhere out in infinity there should be some mass that is LITERALLY the most dense, heaviest, however it is you astrophysicists have tagged planets as fat. Would this hyperdense space then have a gravitational pull, however slight, on all galaxies? I mean I'm talking at such insane distances that it's pull would be nanofractions of nanofractions. Like so slight that over billions of years galaxies that are thousands of light years away have moved towards it a billionth of an inch. Would galaxies "close" to such a mass accelerate towards it quickly? Would such a fiery mess absorb entire planets... galaxies? Over the course of infinite time would this mass accelerate very distant galaxies to it at exponential speeds? Would this lend credence to a higher power at the center of all creation?

Your question is not clear my friend,you want to talk about the Big Bang? Or inflation theory?
there is a good cours by the Teaching Company (The Dark Side of the Universe) check it out

1. What is superdense mass in theoretical astrophysics?

Superdense mass is a concept in theoretical astrophysics that refers to a mass that is extremely compact and has a high density. This can occur in objects such as neutron stars and black holes, where the mass is so concentrated that it has a significant gravitational pull on its surroundings.

2. How does superdense mass affect the gravity pull on galaxies?

The presence of superdense mass in a galaxy can greatly affect the gravity pull on other objects within the galaxy. This is because the more mass and density an object has, the stronger its gravitational pull will be. Superdense mass can also cause the distortion of spacetime, which can affect the movement of objects within a galaxy.

3. What role does gravity play in theoretical astrophysics?

Gravity is a fundamental force in theoretical astrophysics that plays a crucial role in the formation and evolution of galaxies. It is responsible for the structure and movement of objects within a galaxy, as well as the interactions between galaxies in a cluster. Gravity also plays a role in the formation of stars and planets within a galaxy.

4. How is the gravity pull on galaxies measured in theoretical astrophysics?

In theoretical astrophysics, the gravity pull on galaxies is measured through various methods, such as observing the rotation curves of galaxies, studying the motion of stars and gas within a galaxy, and analyzing the effects of gravitational lensing. These measurements help scientists understand the distribution and strength of gravity within a galaxy.

5. What are some current theories about superdense mass and gravity pull on galaxies?

There are several current theories in theoretical astrophysics about superdense mass and gravity pull on galaxies. Some propose that the dark matter present in galaxies is made up of superdense objects like black holes or neutron stars. Others suggest that superdense mass may play a role in the formation and evolution of galaxies, as well as the observed flat rotation curves of spiral galaxies. Further research and observations are needed to better understand these theories.