Theory for a model of a photon

• Thread starter Moloch
  • Start date
In summary, ZapperZ and DocAl discourage speculative posts, and ZapperZ specifically warned the poster that their post would be closed if they continued. The poster then threatened to leave the forum, which prompted ZapperZ and DocAl to close the topic.
Moloch
I don't see exactly why you closed my topic. How is a theory for a model of a photon going against commonly accepted physics? I thought the model of a photon was currently 'up in the air' so to speak.

If you are going to close it. Just take it down. I'd rather nobody benefit from my thoughts if you are going to stop me from posting.

I don't understand why you are so upset. Did your father beat you as a child or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not going to comment on the topic, but I suggest that if you want a response, you should remove the last comment from your above post.

I could really care less.. I see already that this is not the place for me and care not if I get banned.

All of your queries can be answered by reading the PF Global Guidelines, to which you explicitly agreed upon registration.

Moloch said:
I don't see exactly why you closed my topic. How is a theory for a model of a photon going against commonly accepted physics? I thought the model of a photon was currently 'up in the air' so to speak.

At the moment the photon is considered a fundamental particle, so a model as to "what's inside it" doesn't exist, as you surmised. That does not, however, mean that we condone filling in the blanks with random guessing. Please review the section of the Guidelines on Overly Speculative Posts.

Overly Speculative Posts:
One of the main goals of PF is to help students learn the current status of physics as practiced by the scientific community; accordingly, Physicsforums.com strives to maintain high standards of academic integrity. There are many open questions in physics, and we welcome discussion on those subjects provided the discussion remains intellectually sound. It is against our Posting Guidelines to discuss, in most of the PF forums, new or non-mainstream theories or ideas that have not been published in professional peer-reviewed journals or are not part of current professional scientific discussion. Posts deleted under this rule will be accompanied by a private message from a Staff member, with an invitation to resubmit the post in accordance with our Independent Research Guidelines. Poorly formulated personal theories, unfounded challenges of mainstream science, and overt crackpottery will not be tolerated anywhere on the site.

I'll also refer you to the section on Contact Guidelines.

Contact Guidelines:
When contacting me or a specific mentor please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

If you have a question or comment about how a thread or post has been moderated, please send a private message to the relevant mentor. If you have more general questions or comments about Physics Forums' moderation policies, it may also be appropriate to start a thread in the Feedback & Announcement forum. Please refrain from posting questions or comments about Physics Forums' moderation policies and actions in any other forum.

If you are going to close it. Just take it down. I'd rather nobody benefit from my thoughts if you are going to stop me from posting.

I'll leave that to ZapperZ or DocAl, if they're so inclined.

Moloch said:
If you have your own "theory" about photons, submit a post to the Independent Research Forum, subject to the applicable guidelines, found https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=82301.
:smile:

I don't understand why you are so upset.
You think Zapper was upset? Please!

In the future, if you have a problem with a mentor, deal with it in a PM, not here. I assure you, I would have enforced the guidelines similarly.

1. What is the "Theory for a model of a photon"?

The "Theory for a model of a photon" refers to the scientific explanation for the nature and behavior of a photon, which is a fundamental particle of light. It aims to describe and predict the properties and interactions of photons in various physical systems.

2. How does the theory for a model of a photon explain the dual nature of light?

The theory for a model of a photon explains the dual nature of light by proposing that photons have both wave-like and particle-like properties. This duality allows photons to exhibit behaviors such as diffraction and interference, as well as momentum and energy transfer.

3. What is the role of the theory for a model of a photon in modern physics?

The theory for a model of a photon plays a crucial role in modern physics as it helps to explain and understand a wide range of phenomena, including electromagnetic radiation, quantum mechanics, and the interaction of light with matter. It also serves as the basis for many technological advancements, such as lasers and solar cells.

4. How does the theory for a model of a photon relate to the theory of relativity?

The theory for a model of a photon is consistent with the theory of relativity, as both theories are based on the understanding that the speed of light is constant and the laws of physics are the same for all observers. The theory for a model of a photon also helps to explain the phenomenon of time dilation, which is a key concept in the theory of relativity.

5. Are there any limitations to the theory for a model of a photon?

As with any scientific theory, the theory for a model of a photon is not without limitations. One of the main limitations is that it does not fully explain the behavior of light in all situations, such as in extreme conditions like black holes. Additionally, the theory does not account for the effects of gravity on photons, which is a major area of ongoing research in physics.