Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theory for a model of a photon

1. Apr 4, 2007 #1
    I don't see exactly why you closed my topic. How is a theory for a model of a photon going against commonly accepted physics? I thought the model of a photon was currently 'up in the air' so to speak.

If you are going to close it. Just take it down. I'd rather nobody benefit from my thoughts if you are going to stop me from posting.

I don't understand why you are so upset. Did your father beat you as a child or something?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2007 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm not going to comment on the topic, but I suggest that if you want a response, you should remove the last comment from your above post.

4. Apr 4, 2007 #3
    I could really care less.. I see already that this is not the place for me and care not if I get banned.

5. Apr 4, 2007 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All of your queries can be answered by reading the PF Global Guidelines, to which you explicitly agreed upon registration.

At the moment the photon is considered a fundamental particle, so a model as to "what's inside it" doesn't exist, as you surmised. That does not, however, mean that we condone filling in the blanks with random guessing. Please review the section of the Guidelines on Overly Speculative Posts.

Overly Speculative Posts:
    One of the main goals of PF is to help students learn the current status of physics as practiced by the scientific community; accordingly, Physicsforums.com strives to maintain high standards of academic integrity. There are many open questions in physics, and we welcome discussion on those subjects provided the discussion remains intellectually sound. It is against our Posting Guidelines to discuss, in most of the PF forums, new or non-mainstream theories or ideas that have not been published in professional peer-reviewed journals or are not part of current professional scientific discussion. Posts deleted under this rule will be accompanied by a private message from a Staff member, with an invitation to resubmit the post in accordance with our Independent Research Guidelines. Poorly formulated personal theories, unfounded challenges of mainstream science, and overt crackpottery will not be tolerated anywhere on the site.

I'll also refer you to the section on Contact Guidelines.

Contact Guidelines:
    When contacting me or a specific mentor please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

If you have a question or comment about how a thread or post has been moderated, please send a private message to the relevant mentor. If you have more general questions or comments about Physics Forums' moderation policies, it may also be appropriate to start a thread in the Feedback & Announcement forum. Please refrain from posting questions or comments about Physics Forums' moderation policies and actions in any other forum.

I'll leave that to ZapperZ or DocAl, if they're so inclined.

6. Apr 4, 2007 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

If you have your own "theory" about photons, submit a post to the Independent Research Forum, subject to the applicable guidelines, found here.
    :smile:

You think Zapper was upset? Please!

In the future, if you have a problem with a mentor, deal with it in a PM, not here. I assure you, I would have enforced the guidelines similarly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?