1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theory of computation textbooks

1. Mar 12, 2014 #1
    I want to know what textbooks you would recommend to prepare for a very challenging course on computational theory that I'll be taking in the fall.

Brief description: The rigorous application of logic and proof techniques to Computer Science. Propositional and predicate logic; mathematical induction and other basic proof techniques; correctness proofs for iterative and recursive algorithms; recurrence equations and their solutions (including the “Master Theorem”); introduction to automata and formal languages.

I don't really have a strong background into computational theory. I'm only familiar with very basic complexity theory. But the course doesn't require any added prerequisites. Its just an accelerated introduction.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted