Theory of living in a giant bubble

In summary, the conversation discusses a theory proposed by someone about living in a giant bubble in the universe. This bubble is floating in the bathtub or sink of another world and time passes differently there. The possibility of this theory is compared to the concept of string theory.
spikebrdr
someone told me to post this so i could get more of an intelectual veiw on it. i was talking to someone i work with about our veiws on the universe and possible natures of it. i came up with a theory of us living in a giant bubble. the universe is a bubble and and though it seems giant and endless it isnt. now this bubble is actually floating around in the bathtub or sink of some other giant world exactly like our own. for every certain amount of time that passes here, the smallest fraction of that time passes there. so we live life just wating to pop, and that pop will decide the end of the universe. i know its stupid but its just our deep talk stuff...

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by spikebrdr
someone told me to post this so i could get more of an intelectual veiw on it. i was talking to someone i work with about our veiws on the universe and possible natures of it. i came up with a theory of us living in a giant bubble. the universe is a bubble and and though it seems giant and endless it isnt. now this bubble is actually floating around in the bathtub or sink of some other giant world exactly like our own. for every certain amount of time that passes here, the smallest fraction of that time passes there. so we live life just wating to pop, and that pop will decide the end of the universe. i know its stupid but its just our deep talk stuff...

Well, if our Universe were entirely composed of air and water, this would be tenable. As it is, some string theorists (more specifically, the "brane" theorists) are indeed postulating that our Universe may be a three-dimensional "bubble" in four-dimensional space. Have you looked into string theory at all, spikebrdr?

no i havent, what is it?

1. What is the theory of living in a giant bubble?

The theory of living in a giant bubble proposes the idea of humans living in a large, self-sustaining bubble-like structure, isolated from the outside world and protected from environmental hazards. This bubble would provide a controlled environment for humans to live in.

2. How would living in a giant bubble affect our daily lives?

Living in a giant bubble would have a significant impact on our daily lives. We would have to adjust to the controlled environment and potentially limited resources within the bubble. We would also have to rely on technology to maintain the bubble and its ecosystem.

3. Is it possible for humans to live in a giant bubble?

Theoretically, it is possible for humans to live in a giant bubble. However, there are many challenges and limitations that would need to be overcome, such as creating a self-sustaining ecosystem, managing waste and resources, and ensuring the safety and well-being of the inhabitants.

4. What are the potential benefits of living in a giant bubble?

There are a few potential benefits of living in a giant bubble. It could provide a solution for living in extreme environments, such as on other planets or deep underwater. It could also protect us from natural disasters and environmental pollution. Additionally, it could lead to advancements in technology and sustainability.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the theory of living in a giant bubble?

There are several ethical concerns that would need to be addressed if this theory were to become a reality. These include the potential impact on our mental and emotional well-being due to living in isolation and the potential for unequal access and distribution of resources within the bubble.