Theory of Sets by E. Kamke | Amazon

• Foundations
  • Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sets Theory
In summary, "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke is a comprehensive book on the mathematical concept of sets and their properties. It was written by German mathematician and physicist, Erich Kamke, and is suitable for beginners. The book covers topics such as set theory, operations on sets, relations, functions, and the cardinality of sets. It can be purchased on Amazon or through other online retailers.

For those who have used this book

• Lightly Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly don't Recommend

• Strongly don't Recommend

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
I read this book in high school and enjoyed and benefited from it, before taking calculus. I am not sure now after over 50 years, but I seem to recall thinking this may have been influenced by (i.e. largely cribbed from) one of the great books on set theory, maybe the one by Hausdorff. (Indeed the amazon link confirms the two books have highly similar topics headings.) I do recall thinking it was a good source for beginners.

Last edited:

1. What is the "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke?

The "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke is a book that explores the mathematical concept of sets and their properties. It was written by German mathematician and physicist, Erich Kamke, and was first published in 1950.

2. Who is E. Kamke?

Erich Kamke (1896-1970) was a German mathematician and physicist known for his contributions to the fields of analysis, differential equations, and numerical mathematics. He also wrote several textbooks, including the "Theory of Sets".

3. Is "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke is suitable for beginners as it provides a comprehensive and easy-to-understand introduction to the concept of sets and their applications in mathematics.

4. What topics are covered in "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke?

The book covers topics such as set theory, operations on sets, relations, functions, and the cardinality of sets. It also explores more advanced topics, such as transfinite numbers and the axiom of choice.

5. Where can I purchase "Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke?

"Theory of Sets" by E. Kamke can be purchased on Amazon or through other online retailers. It may also be available in some brick-and-mortar bookstores or through your local library.