1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theory of tides information

1. Apr 27, 2013 #1
    Where can I get more information on the theory of tides?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_tides

I would like to see more of the derivation and explanation of the tidal forcing section in the link above.

I have read the section Taylor's Classical Mechanics on Tidal Force as well.

I can't find many journal articles on tidal forces either.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2013 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

There's 24 references and about 15 external links at the bottom of the wiki article. They may not answer all your questions but they are a good start. Remember, even one of the references listed in the wiki article may have a dozen or more references to check as well.

4. Apr 27, 2013 #3
    Those references don't cover the perpestive I am looking for. I want information that has to do with the moon relation that is substantial. The ones that do cover that are too remedial or have equations and symbols with no explanation to what they are.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted