Theory on telepathy and telekinesis

• Thread starter revan
  • Start date

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Has anybody ever looked into the claims of Edgar Cayce? Supposedly he is able to diagnose illness and recommend working courses of treatment by remote viewing. Can't a group of doctors give him patients to diagnose and verify his accuracy?

http://www.edgarcayce.org/

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It he was still alive... Since not, we will have to ask John Edwards what he has to say! :biggrin:

He has tons of predictions documented. How accurate they may be I'm not sure since I've never really examined the evidence for better than luck odds [how credible may they be as well?], but he did allegedly predict the date of his own death.

Vast:

Stab in the dark? Uh, yeah that about sums it up... lol

But that is usually the starting place. Take a stab and prove it wrong. I'm not saying this is what truly is, I'm only saying thatthere are explanations for telepathy that do not lie in the realm of superstition and magic. I was providing a plausible explanation for why it would not persist and become more prevalent that agrees with other evolutionary developments.

On the noise thing: Sharks might only use that sense to find large groups and switch to visual for individual targets. (I don't think so) And in the ocean you are far less likely to have the number and strengths of numerous other EM signals. However, I think it would be more like tuning to a radio station. Just because there are 80 bazillion cell phone signals and satellite transmissions and TV stations and even right down to other radio stations, it doesn't mean that you can't receive the signal.

Well, a lot of things reach further in water. E.G. Sound, vibration, etc. Is it possible that EM signals can travel further, or just coincidence?

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...Anyone else have any theories on how psychic phenomena may occur?
This thread is over three years old and no longer acceptable in any forum. We don't discuss theories, personal or otherwise, that seek to explain phenomena not proven to exist.

Last edited: