Theory Underlying SR: The Time Dimension is Moving Relative to The Spatial Dimension

• Thread starter mcgucken
  • Start date
pervect
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
If he really didn't want to reveal his theory, he made a big mistake by publishihng it on an open forum. Finding all his posts and deleting them *might* help, but it's a bit like locking the barn door after the horses have escaped.

Still, while it's too little and too late, it's his best option for secrecy at this point after his major screw-up (by letting this secret information get out on the internet).. If he's lucky, nobody was paying any attention...

Hello all,

Moving Dimensions Theory has been around for quite some time, and to date it has been thoroughly and utterly rejected by the vast majority of the physics establishment, who favor cults, bureaurcacy, postmodern hoaxes, and untestable string theories over the simple logic and reason that physics ultimately demands.

Here's a dated record of Moving Dimensions Theory, and there are some earlier records too:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?hl=en&q=moving+dimensions&qt_s=Search

Theoretical physics has progressed very little contentwise since Einstein--nobody can deny this, though many will try--but it has mushroomed into a billion dollar industry of tax-funded bureaucrats, hand-waving politicians, coffee-table books, and tenured country-club theorists who have never made, and will never make, a single lasting contribution to physics, as blind conformity and book-keeping does not a physicist make.

Physics is due for a sea change.

The Theory of Moving Dimensions will naturally be attacked for years to come, as there are billions of dollars at stake in the form of government grants, student loans, and coffee-table books.

But if you open your mind, you can surf the new wave and take part in the Moving Dimensions revolution.

And "surf" is a key word. For a photon is matter that "surfs" the expanding time dimension, being fully rotated into it, orthogonal to the three spatial dimensions. Both a photon and the time dimension move at a rate of c relative to the three spatial diemnsions.

Think about it friends--the one key component string theory is missing is the quantization of space-time.

Well Moving Dimensions Theory quantizes space-time, as time expands in uniform increments--the Planck length.

And thus general relativity and quantum mechanics are at long last unified.

Last edited:
RandallB said:
Dr E
Seems like you have more than enough outlined items to publish a book with, why just a paper? Maybe you can compete with McCutcheon’s “The Final Theory: Rethinking Our Scientific Legacy” advertised on your Forum pages as well as these here.
Although not well received by Physics Pro’s, it did made “Best Seller” (Amazon Sci anyway). I suspect with a bit of tweaking you could do much better, and provide a big boost to you Forum Pages. It takes a Critical Mass of users and supporters to get a forum going well like this forum we are in now. This Forum does well thanks in large part to good management by the support guys here, even if some may seem “pompously or condescending” to you.

Allow me to suggest a “tweak” that would really send your book to the top. Look through the details of your theory to find where you can devise an experiment or enhance an existing experiment to look at results never looked at our seen before. AND predict those results via your theory that cannot be shown by current science. Something you cannot test yourself but experimenters would be able to confirm your ideas with.

Einstein was able to move the location of a star with the gravity of the sun, if you can use your ideas in that same way to prove or demonstrate something none of use would have ever thought of with current ideas and tools, then you’ll have something truly powerful. If you have some ideas on that line it'd be great to give us a couple hints. But it’s probably not wise to detail the full experimental demonstration until you have the book ready to publish. Marketing and promotion would appreciate good timing and coordination on stuff like that I’m sure.

Keep us advised.
Randall B

Hello Randall,

Thanks for the words.

Moving Dimensions Theory also explains the Einstein, Rosen, Podolsky effect (EPR effect), "action at a distance," and other quantum mechanical observations such as the double slit experiment, as well as E=mc^2.

Originally Posted by mcgucken
Outline of Dr. E's Upcoming Paper

Rest Energy:
The Photon’s Null Vector:
The Notion of Standing Still in Space and Time:
Conservation of Momemtum & Energy = Conservation of Momenergy
Red Shift
More Curvature = Slower Time:
Energy’s Mass:
Time Dilation:
Constancy of c in all frames:
Length Contraction:
Spherical Symmetry of Photon Propagation:
Spherical Symmetry of Time Expansion through Three Dimensions:
Rest Mass Is Invariant
Increase of System Mass:
Entropy:
The – c2t2 in the space-time metric
Planck’s constant
Fundamental Wave Nature
Wave-Particle Duality
Philosophical and Physical Barriers to Moving Dimensions
Increasing Energy Increases Momentum
Conservation of Dimension
Gravity
Red Shift
The Increase of Mass With Velocity
EPR Effect
E=mc^2

http://physicsmathforums.com

Last edited by a moderator:
May I present my formal, rigorous, and soon to be published (when I decide that you don't all work for the KGB) ideas on SR derived from a jelly baby?

I don't like the full mathematical formalism of SR, so here's some meaningless words strung together because I LOOKED at a jelly baby.

Bejesus I get annoyed with this stuff. Learn some science!

James Jackson said:
May I present my formal, rigorous, and soon to be published (when I decide that you don't all work for the KGB) ideas on SR derived from a jelly baby?

I don't like the full mathematical formalism of SR, so here's some meaningless words strung together because I LOOKED at a jelly baby.

Bejesus I get annoyed with this stuff. Learn some science!
Are you referring to the "Science" of string theory over the last fifty years, which although funded by hundreds of millions, has naught to show for it, but knots?

Does string theory annoy you?

I thought that physicists were supposed to be independent thinkers--that's how they sell it--physics teaches you to think independently. And yet if you don't conform to string theory's empty promises, its hand-waving, its dogmatic, supposed, force-fed "beauty," preached about endlessly from the tax-funded academic pulpits on high, which is talked about but never seen, somehow you're an idiot.

Now I'd much rather that you comment on the Theory of Moving Dimensions, but you just can't do that. And so you get what we have here--a failure to communicate.

Last edited:
krab
Science Advisor
mcgucken said:
Hello all,

Moving Dimensions Theory has been around for quite some time, and to date it has been thoroughly and utterly rejected by the vast majority of the physics establishment, who favor cults, bureaurcacy, postmodern hoaxes, and untestable string theories over the simple logic and reason that physics ultimately demands.

Here's a dated record of Moving Dimensions Theory, and there are some earlier records too:....
That only establishes that you've been trying to convince people since 2001. And with the exact same words. One would think that if you have been so unsuccessful, you would at least have found a different way of describing it. Anyway, looks like total gobbledy-gook to me. The time dimension moving is simply a nonsensical idea. Time does not move. Movement is something that is impossible to define unless we understand what time is. It seems you have lost this understanding.
4years ago mcgucken said:
Dr. Elliot Jul 17 2001, 10:54 am show options
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: mcguc...@jollyroger.com (Dr. Elliot) - Find messages by this author
Date: 17 Jul 2001 07:54:16 -0700
Local: Tues,Jul 17 2001 10:54 am
Subject: The Law of Moving Dimensions
Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

The Law of Moving Dimensions
Dr. Elliot McGucken
mcguc...@jollyroger.com

Feel free to discuss this at
http://killdevilhill.com/phorum/read.php?f=147&i=1&t=1

Is time a moving dimension, expanding at a rate c relative to the
three spatial dimensions? I believe it to be so. Allow me to first
prove it, and then to offer outlines of how such a concept may be used...

krab said:
That only establishes that you've been trying to convince people since 2001. And with the exact same words. One would think that if you have been so unsuccessful, you would at least have found a different way of describing it. Anyway, looks like total gobbledy-gook to me. The time dimension moving is simply a nonsensical idea. Time does not move. Movement is something that is impossible to define unless we understand what time is. It seems you have lost this understanding.
Dear Krab,

The more esteemed a physicist you are, the more valuable your refutaion and denial of my theory is to me. I'm looking for a few good men/highly-regarded experts to lay their pomposity on the line and rage and rail against the Theory of Moving Dimensions. I am hoping to establish that the physics establishment utterly detests, abhors, and refutes the theory of Moving Dimensions, instead prefering their postmodern mythologies of String Theory and M-Thoery that are good for nothing but getting millions upon millions of tax dollars to propagate a hoax that has Einstein spinning in his grave.

Why, Krab, do you so blindly and willingly accept the 10 or 26 dimensions of String Theory (or the flavor of the week), as if your slavation depends on it, and yet you so utterly reject something so obvious such as that the time dimension is expanding at the rate of c relative to the three spatial dimensions?

But I stand by the Theory of Moving Dimensions, for logic and reason must remain steadfast in the face of pedantic prejudices.

The time dimension is expanding at a rate of c relative to the three spatial dimensions.

A photon represents matter fully rotated into the time dimension, orthogonal to the three spatial dimensions.

The space and time dimensions are quantized. The time dimension is expanding in increments of the Planck length, at a rate of c relative to the three spatial dimensions.

Also, if we trace the path of a photon on a space-time diagram, the only way for a photon to remain stationary in space time is to move at the speed of light, or to keep up with the expanding time dimension. The null vector, which represents a vector of zero length in space-time, can only imply zero movement through space-time. Even though a photon moves through space at a velocity equal to C, it stays stationary in space-time. Is it not strange at first that in order to remain stationary in space time, a photon appears move at the speed of light through space? This is only because the time dimension itself is moving relative to space.

Einstein proclaimed that all objects travel through space-time at c.
Even though we perceive a ruler along the x axis to be stationary, it
is yet traveling through space-time at the fixed speed of c, implying
that time is moving through it. Rotate it towards the y axis, and its
projection upon the x axis shortens, yet it still appears to be
stationary, and it is still traveling through space-time at the rate
of c. Rotate it into the time dimension, and it's projection along
the x axis still shortens, but now it begins to move through the three
spatial dimensions, while maintaining the fixed speed of c through
space-time. Again, we see it move through the three spatial
dimensions as it is rotated into the time dimension because the time
dimension is moving relative to the three spatial dimensions.

As Brian Greene points out in the Appendix to Chapter 2 of The Elegant Universe, we note that from the space-time position 4-vector x=(ct,x1,x2,x3), we can create the velocity 4-vector u=dx/d(tau), where tau is the proper time defined by d(tau)^2=dt^2-c^-2(dx1^2+dx2^2+dx3^2). Then the "speed through space-time" is the magnitude of the 4-vector u, ((c^2dt^2-dx^2)/(dt^2-c^-2dx^2))^(1/2), which is identically the speed of light c. Now, we can rearrange the equation c^2(dt/d(tau))^2-(dx/d(tau))^2=c^2 to be c^2(d(tau)/dt))^2 +(dx/d(tau))^2=c^2. This shows that an increase of an object's speed through space, (dx/d(tau))^2)^(1/2)= dx/d(tau) must be accompanied by a decrease in d(tau)/dt which is the object's speed through time, which also may be considered the rate at which time elapses on it's own clock d(tau) or the proper time, as compared with that on our stationary clock dt.

As an object moves through space, it is rotated into the time dimension, and less wave fronts of time are allowed to pass through it relative to a stationary object, which bears the full brunt of wave fronts. Thus a moving clock will run slower, as all clocks are based on the probabilistic emission and propagation of photons, and as a moving clock catches up with the expanding wavefront of time, the chance that a photon will be emitted without being reabsorbed is diminished. Thus it is shown that the spatial and temporal dimensions are moving relative to one-another. The laws and equations of relativity and quantum mechanics rest upon this fundamental nature of physical reality.

Rest Energy:

Where does an object's rest energy come from? It comes from fact that the expanding time dimension is moving, giving a stationary object a velocity of c through space-time, even when the object appears at rest on a lab table. This massive velocity relative to time, when translated into the spatial dimensions via a Lorentz rotation of the velocity 4-vector, is manifested in energy. E=mc^2.

The Photon's Null Vector:

How can we be comfortable that an entity of zero length moves at the speed of light? The only way for this to make sense is if the time dimension is moving relative to the spatial dimension. A null vector in space-time is defined by a photon, which moves at the velocity of light through space-time. So it is that to have zero length in space-time, an entity must translate through the three spatial dimensions at the velocity of light. This notion of maintaining zero interval by a velocity equal to c suggests that one of the coordinates, specifically the time coordinate, is moving at a velocity c relative to the three spatial coordinates.

The Notion of Standing Still in Space and Time:

The only way to remain stationary in space is to move through time with a velocity of c. The only way to remain stationary in time is to move through space with a velocity of c.

Thus the time and space dimensions must be moving relative to one another.

Einstein proclaimed that all objects travel through space-time at c. Even though we perceive a ruler along the x axis to be stationary, it is yet traveling through space-time at the fixed speed of c, implying that time is moving through it. Rotate it towards the y axis, and its projection upon the x axis shortens, yet it still appears to be stationary, and it is still traveling through space-time at the rate of c. Rotate it into the time dimension, and it's projection along the x axis still shortens (Lorentz contraction), but now it begins to move through the three spatial dimensions, while maintaining the fixed speed of c through space-time. Again, we see it move through the three spatial dimensions as it is rotated into the time dimension because the time dimension is moving relative to the three spatial dimensions.

As Brian Greene points out in the Appendix to Chapter 2 of The Elegant Universe, we note that from the space-time position 4-vector x=(ct,x1,x2,x3), we can create the velocity 4-vector u=dx/d(tau), where tau is the proper time defined by d(tau)^2=dt^2-c^-2(dx1^2+dx2^2+dx3^2). Then the "speed through space-time" is the magnitude of the 4-vector u, ((c^2dt^2-dx^2)/(dt^2-c^-2dx^2))^(1/2), which is identically the speed of light c. Now, we can rearrange the equation c^2(dt/d(tau))^2-(dx/d(tau))^2=c^2 to be c^2(d(tau)/dt))^2+(dx/d(tau))^2=c^2. This shows that an increase of an object's speed through space, (dx/d(tau))^2)^(1/2)= dx/d(tau) must be accompanied by a decrease in d(tau)/dt which is the object's speed through time, which also may be considered the rate at which time elapses on it's own clock d(tau) or the proper time, as compared with that on our stationary clock dt.

Conservation of Momemtum & Energy = Conservation of Momenergy

Red Shift

More Curvature = Slower Time:

Energy's Mass:

Energy has mass because energy is mass rotated fully into the moving time dimension. Energy has zero rest mass, as mass represents the component of an object that exists in the spatial dimensions, through which time can expand.

Time Dilation:

Clocks slow down as they approach the speed of light, because they catch up with the expanding time dimension. All clocks measure time based on the emission of photons. The faster a clock travels, the less chance there is for it to emit a photon, as the photon will be reabsorbed.

Constancy of c in all frames:

The measurement of time is always measured with some mechanism that is based on the propagation of photons, whether it be photons in a clock spring or photons in a quartz crystal. Hence, when we measure the speed of light in a frame, we are always measuring it relative to a mechanism based on the speed of light in that frame. Hence the velocity of light is always viewed as a constant in all frames.

Length Contraction:

Picture four dimensions--three spatial dimensions and one time dimension. An object can be rotated so that its projection along any particular axis decreases. When an object is rotated into time, its projection along the x, y, and z directions decreases. This is known as relativistic length contraction. Relativistic length contraction is *always* accompanied by time dilation and an increase in the object's velocity. Because rotating an object along the time dimension always results in the object gaining a velocity relative to the spatial dimensions, one can conclude that the time dimension must be moving.

Spherical Symmetry of Photon Propagation:

Quantum mechanics teaches us that a photon propagates as a spherically-symmetric wavefront. This is because a photon is mass rotated into the time dimension, which is expanding as a spherically-symmetric wavefront.

Spherical Symmetry of Time Expansion through Three Dimensions:

The projection of a sphere in two dimensions is a circle. The projection of the fourth dimension in three dimensions is a sphere. And because this fourth dimension, time, is expanding, it appears as an expanding sphere. For a photon to stay stationary in time, it moves through space with a velocity of c. Think about that--the photon stays stationary in time, while moving at a velocity of c relative to the three spatial diemensions. It expands as a spherically symmetrical wavefront by staying stationary in time. Therefore, time must be expanding in a spherically symmetric manner throughout space.

Rest Mass Is Invariant

Rest mass represents an entity that exists fully in space. It is invariant.

Increase of System Mass:

As an object accelerates through space-time, the mass of the system increases as energy is added. The rest mass remains invariant, but it is pulled along through space-time by interacting with photons, which in turn no longer travel the speed of light. When photons interact with matter, matter accelerates, while photons slow down.

Entropy:

Because time is expanding as a spherically symmetric wavefront through the three spatial dimensions, photons, as well as all matter that interacts with photons, exhibits a probability to move in a spherically symmetric manner. Thus, if we have a clump of atoms in the middles of a room, a probability exists for the atoms to spread apart in a spherically symmetrical manner. at each point in space, they exhibit a probabilty of moving along any of the three spatial coordinates, carried along by the expanding time dimension.

The - c2t2 in the space-time metric

The four dimensions of space-time are divided into three spatial dimensions and one time dimension. In the space-time metric, where ds is an invariant expressed as\ ds^2=x^2+y^2+z^2-c^2t^2, the minus sign and c^2 distinguishes the t coordinate from the three spatial coordinates. Why the minus sign exists is most often glossed over--it is considered to just "be" there, because it is there.

That the time dimension is different somehow from the three spatial dimensions is obvious. This difference is a result of the time dimension moving relative to the spatial dimensions.

Planck's constant

Fundamental Wave Nature

The fundamental wave nature of all matter is based upon the fundamental wave nature of space-time.

Wave-Particle Duality

Wave particle duality is a result of measurements of objects interacting upon a canvas of space and time dimensions that are moving relative to one another. Wave behavior, or interference, results when two photons interfere in the time dimension as it propagates through space. Particle behavior results when a photon interacts with an electron, when it is taken out of the moving time dimension and localized in the static spatial dimensions, being caught by the electron.

Philosophical and Physical Barriers to Moving Dimensions

Many trained physicists have a knee-jerk reaction that the time dimension cannot be moving because "dimensions cannot move." First off, since the universe is expanding, space-time is also expanding, demonstrating that dimensions are moving and expanding. Secondly, general relativity demonstrates that massive objects warp space-time, meaning that as a massive object moves though space-time, it stretches space-time, showing again that space-time in one area can move, or deform, relative to space-time in another area. Thus there exist neither philosophical nor physical barriers to the concept of moving dimensions, but for artificial ones within lazy minds.

Rather than just accepting the minus sign in front of the c^2t^2 as being there because it "just is there," this paper aims to look at the deeper reality which gives rise to the minus sign. A physicist's job is not to accept things on blind faith, nor only ask questions that are allowed to be asked, but a physicist's job is to wonder. And that wonder, which seems all but forgotten in the bureaucratization of modern physics, leads to the deeper beauty. "Imagination is more important than knowledge," was how one physicist put it.

Increasing Energy Increases Momentum

Conservation of Dimension

Gravity

Red Shift

The Increase of Mass With Velocity

The Double Slit Effect

The EPR Effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I do not, and will not, care about any of your conclusions until you give a satisfactory explanation of the fundamentals of your theory.

Pre-relativistically, suppose we had a coordinate system for the universe, and I wanted to describe a particle travelling in the x-direction with speed v. I might do so by saying that it's position is given by the function:

r(t) = (v t, 0, 0)

That is how time works pre-relativistically. It's an "external" parameter -- things that may be time-varying, like position, are represented as functions of a single variable, which we like to call time.

Relativistically, to describe the same particle (again, with respect to a chosen coordinate system), I would say that it's worldline is given by the equations:

x = v t
y = 0
z = 0

That is how time works relativistically: it is one of the four coordinates. Notice, by the way, that it is fair to say that the worldline is the graph of the function r(t) = (vt, 0, 0)

In the pre-relativistic case, suppose I wanted to talk about the speed of a function whose position function is r. Well, it makes sense to speak of a change in distance and a change in time:

[tex]v(t) \approx \left| \frac{r(t + \epsilon) - r(t)}{\epsilon} \right|[/tex]

(Which we make rigorous by taking the limit ε→0)

In the relativistic case, I can also talk about the 3-speed of a particle with a particular worldline, because inside a 1-dimensional curve, we can solve for the three spatial coordinates in terms of the temporal coordinate, and do the same thing as in the pre-relativistic case. (There's a "better" thing to do, but this is just a special case)

I will restate all of that, and then get on to my point:

In pre-relativistic mechanics, the universe is a "Euclidean 3-space, externally parametrized by time" -- that is, we specify things as functions of a single parameter, and we call that parameter time.

In relativistic mechanics, the universe is a 4-dimensional space, that has an intrinsic property that allows one of the coordinates in any (inertial) coordinate system to be identified as the temporal coordinate.

You've said "the time dimension appears as a spherically symmetric expanding wavefront throughout the three spatial dimensions."

I can't figure out any way, using this, to describe a particle travelling at speed v in the x-direction.

Furthermore, I can't even figure out how to give meaning to the term "expanding wavefront" because that requires some notion of time, making your definition circular. (You can't define time unless you've already defined time!)

And one more thing: how do you justify calling this a "dimension"? It does not resemble anything else that one calls a dimension. (Note that in prerelativistic mechanics, time is not a dimension: it is a parameter!)

Hello Hurkyl,

I'll gladly answer your questions, but only if you answer me this.

Why do you rage and blow against something so obvious as the Theory of Moving Dimensions, while giving the abhorrent absurdity of String Theory's 26 dimensions a complete pass?

Can you explain the 14th dimension to me?

Can you draw the intersection of the 17th dimension with the 27th dimension for me? (Remember, 17 is a prime number!!!!!)

Oh--they are curled up you say!!! You heard a well-funded tenured priest declare it from on high!!!!

And they told you to kick my theory. To condemn it. To castigate it. To impugn it.

As there are millions upon millions of dollars of book deals on the line. Government grants! NPR appearances!!! String Theory must be upheld at all costs!

And you dutifully obeyed, as we all know that logic and reason have nothing to do with modern theoretical physics, but only cults, hand-waving, and little ejaculations of "Minkowski!" or "Euclidean 3-space, externally parametrized by time!"

Moving Dimensions theory is fundamental to nature.

Time arises because of the fourth dimension is expanding at the rate of c relative to the three spatial dimensions.

Wave-particle duality, SR's time dialation and length contraction, GR's curved space-time and explanation for gravity, the EPR effect, the double-slit experiment can all be accounted for by Moving Dimensions theory.

You should be excited!! Moving Dimensions Theory is here to liberate you from the rogue rulers who have replaced physics with blind-faith acceptance of their multi-million dollar pomo-hoax industries!!

Last edited:
How many string theorists are there?

Multiply the number of string theorists by the amount money that has been invested in their theories, raise it to the power of all the coffe-table books they have written, multiply that by all their disciples who never thought for themselves but only regurgitated the indecipherable mess to get postdoc positions, raise that to the power of all the sheep who sit in thousands of hours of string theory physics classes, never asking one question, fearing upsetting the dogma of the High Tenured Priests, add to that the pseudo-experts who now and then scream "Minkowski Space!" and "Black Hole Singularity Time Travel!" on usenet newsgroups, and this is the massive force that will oppose Moving Dimensions Theory.

But I'll bet on logic and reason every time--hell--I'm a physicist.

The Laws of Nature favor Logic and Reason over Bureaucracy, Prejudice, and Blind Conformity.

Moving Dimensions Theory it is.

Last edited:
By God you are something special!