There are no evil Bobs

Math Is Hard said:
And, there's always someone who thinks they are being original by calling a Bob "Boob".
Yes, but think about it. What's "Boob" spelled backward?

Anyone that has a verb for a name is ok in my books.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mapper said:
Even a Skip or a Trip? How about Dash?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
They have to add stuff to it, like "Bob-A-Loo", "Bob-A-Reno", "Bob-A-Linsky", and other odd variations.
Now I'm really wondering here...I had a great-uncle who my grandmother and grandfather used to call Bob-a-loo, but his name was Alexander. :confused: I always figured it was some mean childhood nickname that my grandmother called him and he got stuck with. He was a nice guy too though, at least to the extent he could be, so maybe the Bob-ness rubbed off. He had pretty severe Parkinson's, so couldn't talk well or do much, but once in a while would do something really nice, totally out of the blue for his grand-nieces and nephews. Like he'd send us all money for Easter outfits so we could have something really special to wear (he couldn't pick them out or go shopping with us, but he could give us the money and tell us that's what we were supposed to use it for so our parents couldn't make us put it all in the bank like they usually did when we got money as a gift). :approve:

JamesU
Gold Member
could Bob saget be considered evil because every time someone turns on his show they have to sit theough his jokes?

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
mapper said:

Russell is a good verb/moniker, so is Pat.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
DocToxyn said:
Russell is a good verb/moniker, so is Pat.
And Dick, Phil and Roger too. :smile:

JamesU
Gold Member
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Isn't Phil the Prince of Insufficient Light? :uhh:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Now I'm really wondering here...I had a great-uncle who my grandmother and grandfather used to call Bob-a-loo, but his name was Alexander. :confused: I always figured it was some mean childhood nickname that my grandmother called him and he got stuck with. He was a nice guy too though, at least to the extent he could be, so maybe the Bob-ness rubbed off. He had pretty severe Parkinson's, so couldn't talk well or do much, but once in a while would do something really nice, totally out of the blue for his grand-nieces and nephews. Like he'd send us all money for Easter outfits so we could have something really special to wear (he couldn't pick them out or go shopping with us, but he could give us the money and tell us that's what we were supposed to use it for so our parents couldn't make us put it all in the bank like they usually did when we got money as a gift). :approve:
He sounds like a helluva nice guy. Exactly what I would expect from a Bob. :smile:

I wonder what BobG, The Bob, and Bobster think of this thread? I thought for sure they would have some comments.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
brewnog said:
And Dick, Phil and Roger too. :smile:
Need giggling and blushing smiley here. :redface: :biggrin: :redface: :biggrin: :redface:

JamesU
Gold Member
OMG! this thread just said 36 replies and 360 views, but I ruined it by making this post!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
He sounds like a helluva nice guy. Exactly what I would expect from a Bob. :smile:

I wonder what BobG, The Bob, and Bobster think of this thread? I thought for sure they would have some comments.
Well, being nice Bob's, they are too humble to come in here and talk about themselves. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Well, being nice Bob's, they are too humble to come in here and talk about themselves. :biggrin:
Good point! I never thought about it that way.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ack...I seem to have apostrophe-itis lately! :eek: I keep sticking apostrophes into plural words! My pinky must be getting bored while I'm typing and causing mischief. :rofl:

JamesU
Gold Member
moonbear's shouldnt have's eccesive apostophe's.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
JamesU
Gold Member
you like bob saget!?! you crazy person! :surprised

even for a PFer, that's crazy!

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's funny really. A quick check produced only one news story about a Bob convicted of murder, and he went by Bobby.

Note that I didn't find any stories about a priest named Spike either. :confused: Strange. Father Spike has a nice ring to it.

who's Bob Saget?

JamesU
Gold Member
Bob Saget is the host of america's funniest home videos. the viseos would actually be funny, if hee didn't dub the voices and sounds over with his crap. and his jokes, don't get me started! "I just skatd into the studio, boy are my legs tired!" (yes, that was a real one of his jokes) And you can tell his show has a laugh track because there's always this one lady that you can hear in the background.

o, he was on "Half Baked."

JamesU
Gold Member
I don't get it :confused:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Funny, but I noticed this about Saget. I think he was stuck or hated what he was doing. To me he looked and acted like a very unhappy person. In fact, it was almost as if he was trying to be so bad that they would finally let him go. Maybe he wanted out of his contract. Or, maybe he was a very frustrated actor... there was something going on.