Are Bobs Really the Nicest Guys? Debunking the Theory of No Evil Bobs

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary: Bob."In summary, the conversation discussed the theory that there are no evil Bobs due to their good-natured nature and lack of infamy associated with the name. However, examples of evil Bobs were brought up, including fictional characters and personal experiences. The conversation also touched on the reputation of Bobs being honest and accomplished, but not typically being associated with presidential positions. The existence of a Bob Club was also mentioned, highlighting the good-natured and easy-going nature of Bobs.
Math Is Hard said:
He sounds like a helluva nice guy. Exactly what I would expect from a Bob. :smile:

I wonder what BobG, The Bob, and Bobster think of this thread? I thought for sure they would have some comments.
Humble and on vacation, I am -- dang! I've got to quit reading those Doonesbury strips, now I'm talking like Yoda.

Not only are Bobs nice people, they're also nice http://www.avon.org/BobtheBridge.cfm :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you, BobG. That's a wonderful Bob story!

Reminds me of a place I used to work - we had a contest to name our two development servers. The winning names were "Bob" and "Fluffy".

there are no GOOD Alexis-es! :eek:

setAI said:
there are no GOOD Alexis-es! :eek:
Only great Bobs.

The Bob (2004 ©)

While they may not have Evil or Great Bobs, English public schools (notably Eton) notoriously call fellow scholars "Wet Bobs" or "Dry Bobs", depending on whether the chap in question rows or plays cricket.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=621699&postcount=467

Okay so he's made up. And not a successful evil Bob, but he's a Bob none-the-less.

How about Evil Boobs??
http://evilboobs.com

I don't know an evil bob but I know an evil tom.. that is if you are stil working on that theory. he was a sicko. had children with his children.. while still married to their mother. very confusing. very disturbing. he's dead. evil but dead.

There are no evil jims. new theory

yomamma said:
There are no evil jims. new theory
Jim Beam.

So evil, contact with him even makes folks named Stan evil. (Hmmm, are there any evil Stanleys?)

oh, I can't say evil jim...

(my name's jim)

There are lots of evil James's posing as Jims. Do they count?

not sure what you mean...do you mean james'? :biggrin:

arildno said:
There are lots of evil James's posing as Jims. Do they count?
Is your name James? :wink:

No, my first name is Arild.
That is a version of Harold, related to standard Norse (i.e, what the Vikings spoke) Haraldr, derived from the pre-Norse name Harawaldr, which means "war-chief".

arildno said:
No, my first name is Arild.
That is a version of Harold, related to standard Norse (i.e, what the Vikings spoke) Haraldr, derived from the pre-Norse name Harawaldr, which means "war-chief".
beautiful name.but I can't understand why you say "Arild no"!

Hmm..take your pick:
1. "no" is starting letters of my last name
2. I am from Norway.

Anyway I like your username.That's remind me of rain and air!

Oh, I'm an airhead or crybaby, then? :grumpy:

No,you're an old airhead crybaby!

:cry:
The next I'll hear is that I'm an old fogey or sweetheart or some other lugubrious f-name.

Last edited:
please stop crying.the important thing is that I like your username.but it seems you're trying to make me dislike everything about you.

Last edited:
Okay then, I'll try out a different mood: :smile:

That felt quite good, actually..

old sweetheart...

er.. Evo, would you kindly close this thread? I think it has run its course!

Thanks, everyone, for helping me with my "research". :smile:

for now, it's open, so NVM MIH's last post...

Shut up, snot face.

will you quit faggotizing and admit that you're an old sweetheart, ya' sweetheart...