There is this woman I like to date, but

• Thread starter ME_student
  • Start date
In summary, my friend is interested in my romantic interests, but she is also looking for someone to marry her. I don't want to get married right now, but I am open to dating her if she is okay with that.
ME_student
She isn't sure what she wants... Should I run away?

My friend and I have been really good friends for about a year now. She realizes that I have some interest in her. She has a little bit of interest in me, but she wants to get married while I want to finish college not married. (Haha)

She is probably one of the nicest girls I have known and most mature... Well, maybe only because she is older than me by a few years. She has every single personality trai I want in a woman, outgoing, loving, she cares about her family, she is pretty smart(has a BS in Biology, I think), She isn't the needy type, very independent, and spends her money wisely.

Here brother is about my age, a little younger. We have a few things in common. He's got his BS in chemical engineering and her father has a PHD in chemical engineering. We kind of share the same interest, I guess. I get a long with the family really well and her bro is pretty cool guy to hangout with.

I don't get me wrong. I want to get married someday, but not now since I have tons of schooling I need to finish and find a career path in the ME field.

Physics news on Phys.org
She sounds perfect, a lot like my ex wife. ;)

Why not get out and see some films together, or go to some museums? You don't have to plunge right into a relationship - just have fun and enjoy one another's company for now. There is no need to be single-minded about future goals/plans - a lot can change, so be flexible and let things happen.

turbo said:
Why not get out and see some films together, or go to some museums? You don't have to plunge right into a relationship - just have fun and enjoy one another's company for now. There is no need to be single-minded about future goals/plans - a lot can change, so be flexible and let things happen.

Like I said we have been friends for about a year, within that year we have done everything you said besides the museum. I will just keep it at a friendship level.:smile:

ME_student said:
Like I said we have been friends for about a year, within that year we have done everything you said besides the museum. I will just keep it at a friendship level.:smile:
You're just friends, or is this a romantic relationship and she's your girlfriend?

Evo said:
You're just friends, or is this a romantic relationship and she's your girlfriend?

No, she isn't my girlfriend. I wish she was though. She is a friend I can have a good time with. I can keep the emotions out of this relationship as well. I made it clear to her if she wants to date another guy it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

She is looking for someone to marry while I want to date and have fun. Technically I am in a position of getting married, but I don't want to be married and attend school full time, it can be stressful.

My life has changed a lot since I am going back to college. A relationship to me isn't as important than it use to be. Is this unhealthy?

ME_student said:
No, she isn't my girlfriend. I wish she was though. She is a friend I can have a good time with. I can keep the emotions out of this relationship as well. I made it clear to her if she wants to date another guy it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

She is looking for someone to marry while I want to date and have fun. Technically I am in a position of getting married, but I don't want to be married and attend school full time, it can be stressful.

My life has changed a lot since I am going back to college. A relationship to me isn't as important than it use to be. Is this unhealthy?
Although she has expressed the general desire to get married, has she said anything to the effect that she wouldn't date anyone whom she thinks doesn't eventually hope to marry her?

zoobyshoe said:
Although she has expressed the general desire to get married, has she said anything to the effect that she wouldn't date anyone whom she thinks doesn't eventually hope to marry her?

She hopes the next guy will be the one who she marries.

I think she is tired of dating and having fun, ready to settle down with a man. I am not too worried about her finding another guy any time soon and if she does then I will be happy for her. I told her if we ever date, don't expect me to put a ring on your finger within the first year or two because I don't want to get married. I think this is the reason she doesn't want to date me. The purpose for dating is to find that someone, right?

ME_student said:

I think she is tired of dating and having fun, ready to settle down with a man. I am not too worried about her finding another guy any time soon and if she does then I will be happy for her. I told her if we ever date, don't expect me to put a ring on your finger within the first year or two because I don't want to get married. I think this is the reason she doesn't want to date me. The purpose for dating is to find that someone, right?
OK, I get the picture now. I had a similar thing a few months ago. I met a really appealing single woman who seemed very interested in me. Then she laid her cards out with commendable honesty: "I want to have kids." That derailed that train.

Need more advice, so I actually really like her now! Unfortunately, she still likes my "friend." I just figured out one of my other "friends" likes her... Ugh!

Her and I are hanging out tomorrow night, dinner and back to my house.:smile:

ME_student said:

Initially dating is a way to get to know the other, or should be. It is also about companionship. One can date platonically, as friends, and see where the relationship progress. That was my approach >30 years ago. Eventually, I found someone who became my wife 30+ years ago.

How do I win her heart over?

I don't plan on putting a ring on her finger right away, but I want to date her! Do I continue being a good friend, take her out to dinner and what not?

ME_student said:
Need more advice, so I actually really like her now! Unfortunately, she still likes my "friend." I just figured out one of my other "friends" likes her... Ugh!

Her and I are hanging out tomorrow night, dinner and back to my house.:smile:
Has she shown any romantic interest in you?

ME_student said:
How do I win her heart over?

I don't plan on putting a ring on her finger right away, but I want to date her! Do I continue being a good friend, take her out to dinner and what not?
Just be nice. Don't cling and don't smother her. Just be nice. You can try to woo a woman with dramatic expressions of affection and other bull, but that only gets you shallow women. just be nice. It takes time, but it works.

turbo said:
Just be nice. Don't cling and don't smother her. Just be nice. You can try to woo a woman with dramatic expressions of affection and other bull, but that only gets you shallow women. just be nice. It takes time, but it works.
Or she won't be interested. He needs to realize that before he gets any more emotionally involved than he is.

I've had many guys blindside me with their thinking we could be a couple when they were only a friend to me.

Evo said:
I've had many guys blindside me with their thinking we could be a couple when they were only a friend to me.
Here, too. There is no percentage in dealing with a member of the opposite sex when they are just pursuing their own agendas and not being (at least) friends and letting things happen. When somebody wants to rush to a conclusion without letting you both have a time to get to know each other, just back away. Not good.

She let me kiss her on the cheek. Haha. No she is dated my friend...:frown:

I think you should marry her right now :rofl:

takudo_1912 said:
I think you should marry her right now :rofl:

She is a great friend. :smile:

We flirt with each other a lot.

ME_student said:
She is a great friend. :smile:

We flirt with each other a lot.

It's the love,admire you :) I still don't have a girlfriend :(

Just ask her out already. Can't hurt anything...

mcknia07 said:

pshh women =p

mcknia07 said:

I already did many times... I give up... I bust balls to try to get her but she still doesn't want to date me... My buddy didn't have to even try... Haha. Oh well, I will find someone else.

What should I do if the woman I like to date is already in a relationship?

If the woman you like is already in a relationship, it is important to respect her commitment and boundaries. You can express your feelings to her, but ultimately it is her decision to pursue a relationship with you or not. If she chooses to stay in her current relationship, it is important to accept her decision and move on.

How do I know if the woman I like is interested in me?

There is no definite way to know if someone is interested in you, but there are some signs to look for. Pay attention to her body language, such as making eye contact, smiling, and leaning in when talking to you. Also, if she makes an effort to spend time with you and shows genuine interest in your life, it could be a sign that she likes you.

Should I confess my feelings to the woman I like?

It ultimately depends on your personal feelings and the relationship dynamic between you and the woman. If you feel like you cannot move on without telling her how you feel, then it may be worth expressing your feelings. However, make sure to consider her feelings and be prepared for any outcome, whether it is positive or negative.

How do I ask the woman I like out on a date?

The best way to ask someone out on a date is to be direct and confident. Make sure to choose a specific date, time, and activity, and let her know why you would like to spend time with her. Be respectful and understanding if she declines, and remember that it is not a reflection of your worth as a person.

What if the woman I like is my friend?

Dating a friend can be tricky, as it can potentially change the dynamic of your friendship. Before pursuing a romantic relationship, make sure to communicate openly and honestly with your friend about your feelings. Be prepared for any outcome and be respectful of their boundaries and feelings. It is important to prioritize and maintain the friendship, even if romantic feelings are not reciprocated.