What percentage of escape artists are female?

• Thread starter GreatEscapist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confusion
In summary, the person is female and not very feminine. They are referred to as a he a lot and it seems that this is not the first time this has been brought up. They mention that it could be an option to put a sign behind the user's name indicating their gender, and that there may be few female escape artists out there.
GreatEscapist
I get this on the Internet.
All the time.

I AM NOT A MAN. I AM FEMALE. ME. *points and jumps up and down*

I get referred to as a he a lot, it seems. So just so you know, I'm female. Very, definitely female.

I'm just not very feminine, I suppose. :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
GREAT!

(is this a recent change?)

rewebster said:
GREAT!

(is this a recent change?)

Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure I've been female my whole life. :tongue:

GreatEscapist said:
All the time.

I get referred to as a he a lot, it seems. So just so you know, I'm female. Very, definitely female.

Hmm, it's not the first time someone has had this complaint...lemme see if I can find it...

Edit: Ah yes, here it is...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=342967

I wonder if it could be an option to put one of those signs (female/male) behind the id name, maybe smaller in a different color----because 'it' isn't a good generic pronoun

GreatEscapist said:
All the time.

points?---I'm guessing that 'points (at something)'

rewebster said:
points?---I'm guessing that 'points (at something)'

Ohhh, your brilliance surpasses me.

I forgot to add my poll to this, so I'm restarting this thread. Whoops. :tongue:

GreatEscapist said:
Ohhh, your brilliance surpasses me.

well, the bouncing while you were jumping gave it away

Didn't you know? There is only two types of users on the internet, men and men trying to pass them self off as not men.

No girls on the internets, sorry.

And how many female escape artists are there anyway? I doubt many people know of any.

What does "There's been some confusion" mean?

"There's been some confusion" is a phrase commonly used to indicate that there has been a misunderstanding or lack of clarity in a situation.

How do you handle confusion in a scientific experiment?

The best way to handle confusion in a scientific experiment is to carefully review all procedures and data, consult with colleagues or experts, and make any necessary adjustments or clarifications to ensure accurate results.

Can confusion be beneficial in scientific research?

Yes, confusion can sometimes lead to new discoveries or insights in scientific research. It can prompt scientists to question assumptions and think critically, leading to unexpected findings.

How can we minimize confusion in scientific communication?

Clear and concise communication is key to minimizing confusion in scientific research. This includes using precise language, providing detailed descriptions and explanations, and avoiding jargon or technical terms that may be unclear to others.

What are some common causes of confusion in scientific experiments?

Some common causes of confusion in scientific experiments include human error, faulty equipment or procedures, and insufficient or inaccurate data. It is important to carefully plan and execute experiments to minimize the potential for confusion.