Infrared Yoga: Is It Possible for Aliens to Learn?

In summary: It's possible that some of it escapes into space, but most of it is probably absorbed or scattered by the atmosphere.
kos
In the clear calm night,I'm out doing yoga exercises. My body will shine emiting infrared radiation as it stays blackbody radiation principal. So my particular question is , is it possible for some remote aliens on its remote planet to catch my infrared fringerprints of the image (with respect of distance and time references )and eventually learn and start someday doing assanas. Are there some limitations over this scenario .

Astronomy news on Phys.org
thermal imaging is just light imaging is it not?

how good is their infrared telescope?

It would be like you flashing a torch on and off and somebody at the other edge of the galaxy seeing it

Is it possible to resolve (ie subtract it from all the other light being emitted in the vicinity) the emission of light from a 2m (you) source from millions of light years away?

Its difficult to resolve the emission of light from enormous stars from that distance, I'm guessing the possiblity aliens could resolve the light from a single speck would be almost zero. BUT, you just never know what sort of technology they might have...

William White said:
thermal imaging is just light imaging is it not?

There are differences between IR and visible light imaging, but the basic principles are the same.

kos said:
In the clear calm night,I'm out doing yoga exercises. My body will shine emiting infrared radiation as it stays blackbody radiation principal. So my particular question is , is it possible for some remote aliens on its remote planet to catch my infrared fringerprints of the image (with respect of distance and time references )and eventually learn and start someday doing assanas. Are there some limitations over this scenario .

The size of the telescope needed to resolve you from thousands of light-years away is astronomical. Greater than the size of the solar system. And it would have to be able to correct for aberrations introduced by Earth's atmosphere. Of course, if they have the technology they may not need a physical telescope of that size, but may be able to perform remote very-long-baseline-interferometry in the IR band, which we aren't quite capable of doing yet.

Drakkith said:
There are differences between IR and visible light imaging,
well, yes
thats why I said "light imaging"
thats why I qualified it with infra red telescope

its all light

Does the atmosphere introduce some troubles when the point is about infrared ? As I know the conditions about astronomical seeing other troubleshoots related with the atmosphere have no influence in IR spectrum especially in Mid - Infrared where mostly we emit ,have they ?

kos said:
Does the atmosphere introduce some troubles when the point is about infrared ? As I know the conditions about astronomical seeing other troubleshoots related with the atmosphere have no influence in IR spectrum especially in Mid - Infrared where mostly we emit ,have they ?

Hmm, you may be correct. I was thinking about near IR, not far or mid IR which is much less affected by the atmosphere.

And what about the other types of black-body radiation that are supposed to be. As it postulates the theory we should emit any kind of radiation with a peak in mid infrared but with respective amounts of other types as far-IR, microwave and even radio emissions. So how do you think.Do we reabsorb all back this rest portion of neglegiable fractions of weak emissions our body's temperature produce or it leaves us , our atmosphere , our solar system and eventually goes far way reaching distant places as a messengers who carries the frozen bits of information about of some of our long past ago "now moments" telling the story of us ?

The other wavelengths are much, much lower in intensity than the IR light.

1. Can aliens physically perform yoga?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively answer this question as there is currently no scientific evidence of alien life. However, if we are to assume that aliens do exist and have a physical form, it is possible for them to perform yoga as long as they have the necessary physical capabilities and understanding of the practice.

2. How would aliens learn about yoga?

Assuming aliens have a similar level of intelligence and capacity for learning as humans, they could potentially learn about yoga through observation or communication with humans. They could also have their own methods of physical and spiritual practices that could be comparable to yoga.

3. Would infrared light have any effect on aliens during yoga?

Infrared light is a form of electromagnetic radiation that is not visible to the human eye, but can be perceived as heat. Depending on the biology and physiology of the alien species, it is possible that they may have different sensitivities or reactions to infrared light compared to humans during yoga. However, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that infrared light would have any specific impact on aliens during yoga.

4. Could aliens benefit from practicing infrared yoga?

Again, this is difficult to answer without knowing the specific biology and physiology of the alien species. However, if we are to assume that aliens have a similar physical and spiritual makeup as humans, then it is possible that they could experience similar benefits from practicing infrared yoga such as improved flexibility, strength, and relaxation.

5. Is there any scientific research on aliens and yoga?

To my knowledge, there is currently no scientific research specifically focused on aliens and yoga. However, there have been studies on the benefits of yoga for humans, and it is possible that some aspects of these findings could be applied to aliens as well. It is important to note that any conclusions drawn from these studies would be purely speculative without concrete evidence of alien life and their capabilities.