Find the heat that flows into or out of the system

• Thread starter will_lansing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Heat System
In summary, for an isobaric process where a system expands by 0.75 m^3 at a constant pressure of 125 kPa, the heat that flows into or out of the system can be calculated by using the equation W = P(delta V). For part a, where the internal energy increases by 65 J, the heat flow is calculated to be 158.75 J or 0.15878 kJ. For part b, where the internal energy decreases by 1850 J, the heat flow is calculated to be 1756.25 J or 1.77 kJ. However, these calculations may not be accurate as there may be a mistake in using the incorrect equation W
will_lansing

Homework Statement

A system expands by 0.75 m^3 at a constant pressure of 125 kPa. Find the heat that flows into or out of the system if its internal energy
a. Increases by 65J
b. Decreases by 1850 J
give answer kJ

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

P=125 kPA
delta U=Q-W
W=P(delta U)
so i plug in the numbers
W=(125kPa)(0.75m^3)=93.75

Part a)
delta U=65kPA

65=Q-93.75
Q= 158.75 J= .15878 kJ

Part B)
1850= Q-93.75
Q= 1756.25J=1.77kJ

And the answer is wrong, can someone help me please

Physics news on Phys.org
no i meant W=P(delta V)
I just typed in the wrong thing
sorry for the mistake
so do you know what i should do

1. What is meant by "heat flow"?

Heat flow refers to the transfer of thermal energy from one object or system to another due to a temperature difference. It can occur in various forms such as conduction, convection, and radiation.

2. How is the heat flow into or out of a system measured?

The heat flow into or out of a system can be measured using various instruments such as thermometers, calorimeters, and heat flux sensors. These tools measure changes in temperature, heat capacity, and thermal conductivity to determine the amount of heat being transferred.

3. What factors affect the amount of heat flowing into or out of a system?

The amount of heat flowing into or out of a system is influenced by several factors such as the temperature difference between the system and its surroundings, the type and properties of the materials involved, and the surface area and distance over which the heat is being transferred.

4. How does heat flow impact the overall energy balance of a system?

Heat flow plays a crucial role in maintaining the energy balance of a system. If more heat flows into a system than is being released, the system's temperature will increase, and vice versa. This balance is essential for the system to function properly and maintain a stable internal temperature.

5. Can heat flow be manipulated or controlled in a system?

Yes, heat flow can be manipulated or controlled in a system through various methods such as insulation, ventilation, and heat exchange systems. These techniques can help regulate the amount of heat entering or leaving a system and maintain a desired temperature.