1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermo and Fluids

1. Jun 11, 2006 #1
    Hi all.
    I've heard from students that Thermodynamics and Fluids are really tough classes. I've taken all the physics and the calculus with no problems. What do you guys think about those classes?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2006 #2
    In general, I'd say don't believe everything you hear. I can name several classes off the top of my head which were supposed to be insanely difficult, but turned out not to be. If you buy into the hype, you'll only psych yourself out.

4. Jun 26, 2006 #3
    In just about any degree program, there are certain classes that are considered weeding out classes. Thermo is often considered a weeding out class. As such, you can expect it to be harder then average, but far from impossible. If your a good student who manages their time efficiently, it will not be that bad. Expect to put in about 1.5 times as much effort as you normally do for a class of equal credits.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?