1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermodynamic problem

1. Nov 20, 2004 #1
    Dear friends,

I’m having trouble with this thermodynamic problem. I apologise if you don’t understand my poor English (I’m writing to you from Spain!)

We’ve got two cylinders (1 is adiabatically isolated from 2 but not from the outside, where Pressure P and Tº are constant) and cylinder 1 can move inside cylinder 2. Cylinder 2 is isolated from the outside but it is connected to a heat pump
    Suppose both cylinders contain IDEAL GAS.
    Everything is in equilibrium but now we lower Tº and make it (T-Gamma).Therefore Q1 heat will be delivered from cylinder 1. As said, Cylinder 2 is connected to a Carnot HEAT PUMP (that is maximum efficiency) and we use Q1 to heat up cylinder 2.

I need to calculate the final volume of the gas in cylinder 2, entropy change in both systems and many other things I don’t want to bore you with.

Does this problem have to do with thermodynamic potentials? I’d be very grateful if you could help me.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted