1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermodynamic questions

1. Dec 9, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    consider an ideal rankine cycle with 1 open feedwater heater, the operates at a condenser pressure of 1inch of mercury absolute pressure and a turbine inlet pressure of 950psig and 850 deg F. The cycle produces turbine output power of 30MW.
    a)draw system diagram---done
    b)first determine the amout of turbine extraction steam flow rate for a turbine inlet flow of 100 lb/h to heat the feedwater water to 325 deg F and state the gauge pressure of the extraction steam. ---- no idea how to set this up,
    c)determine the actual amount of extraction stream(lb/h) to produce 30MW fo turbine power. ----im guessing this would be easily done once i figure out part b
    d)cycle efficiency --- i see no problem in doing this part
    e) t-s diagram-----done.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    nothing noteworthy....i need most of the help on getting started and setting up, i am pretty sure everything else will follow pretty easily from there
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?