How to Read Thermodynamic Tables: A Step-by-Step Guide

You can use the links provided to access these tables and use them to fill in the relevant information for your calculations. Remember to label each column correctly and pay attention to units. Good luck with your exams!In summary, to fill the tables for saturated water, you can use the links provided to access existing tables of thermodynamic values. Make sure to label each column correctly and pay attention to units. Good luck with your exams!
kkkk1888
how do you read of these tables to get them filled. Can you please show me how to do them not do them for me only please do 1 of each showing me how to do them for each. Doing past exams papers for the test coming up after summer and will need this one as it appears in most papers. The most important thing for me is how you do them thankyou very much!much love!

LINK FOR SATURATED WATER TABLES: SATURATED WATER-TEMPERTURE TABLE.
found these two links:

http://www.sfsb.hr/test/testhome/Test/solve/basics/tables/tablesPC/pSatH2O.html [Broken]
http://www.physics.emich.edu/mthomsen/Thermodynamics/AppF.pdf

Couldn't get table numbers into each column work so i labelled them sorry for any inconvenience.

TemperatureT (˚C) Pressure P (kPa) Enthalpyh (kJ/kg) Qualityx Phase description
(120-temperature column) (0.47-Quality column)
(170-temperature column) (800-enthalpy column)
(30-pressure column) (1-Quality column)
(65-temperature column) (450-pressure column)
(300-pressure column) (3275-enthalpy column)

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you're asking, but it seems to me all you need is a table of thermodynamic values for saturated water which already exist.

1. What are thermodynamic tables and why are they important?

Thermodynamic tables are a set of reference tables that contain a wide range of thermodynamic properties for different substances, such as gases, liquids, and solids. These tables are important because they provide scientists and engineers with accurate and reliable data for use in thermodynamic calculations and analyses.

2. How do I read a thermodynamic table?

To read a thermodynamic table, first identify the substance you are interested in and locate its specific table. Then, find the desired property you are looking for, such as temperature, pressure, or volume, and read the corresponding values from the table. Lastly, pay attention to the units and conversions to ensure accurate calculations.

3. What types of information can I find in a thermodynamic table?

A thermodynamic table typically includes properties such as temperature, pressure, specific volume, internal energy, entropy, and enthalpy. Some tables may also include other properties such as heat capacity and thermal conductivity.

4. How are thermodynamic tables organized?

Thermodynamic tables are usually organized in a grid format, with the rows representing different temperatures and the columns representing different pressures. The values in the table correspond to the properties at the intersection of the specific temperature and pressure.

5. Are there different types of thermodynamic tables?

Yes, there are different types of thermodynamic tables available, depending on the specific substance and properties of interest. Some common types include steam tables, refrigerant tables, and tables for ideal gases. It is important to use the correct table for your particular application to ensure accurate results.