1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermodynamics constant volume and temp equilib questions

1. Dec 5, 2007 #1
    I have two questions that are giving me grief (probably because I have almost no experience with thermo)

1)A rod length L insulated on lat. surface is in contact at one end with a wall at a high temp and on the other end with a wall at a low temp. The temp in the rod at the beginning is changing w.r.t. z following the eq. T(z)=T high -[(T high - T low)/L]*z. Next the rod is fully insulated and reaches T equilib. What is the T equil. and entropy production

2)rigid tank with V=5m^3 containing steam with pres=3 bar T=240C. 10kg steam flows into tank. Steam is then stirred by a paddle wheel with energy input to steam of 2000kJ until pressure=5 bar....I am looking for heat transfer to the surroundings. I think I need to start by calculating everything up to the end of the equilib resulting from the mixing of the steam, but beyond that am getting lost

Any help would be appreciated
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?