Thermodynamics monster task

In summary: The conversation is discussing a circle process that has four stages: adiabatic compression, isochoric heating, adiabatic spreading, and isochoric cooling. The process involves an ideal gas with a specific heat ratio (x=1.4) and starting conditions of volume (V=30dm3), pressure (P=2.026bar) and temperature (T=366K). In the first stage, the volume decreases to 20dm3, and in the second stage, the pressure increases to 4.13bar. The goal is to calculate the work and heating changes in the process, with the result being (delta) I>U=0; Q=-W=453J. However, the
Amina
Some circle process contains next stages:
1.adiabatic compression
2. isochoric heating
3. adiabatic spreading
4. isochoric cooling
If we put ideal gas(x=1.4) in this process from starting conditions :
-Volume (V=30dm3)
-Pressure (P= 2.026bar)
-Temperature (T=366K)
* in first stage volume lows down on 20dm3,
*on the second stage pressure goes on 4.13bar.
CALCULATE VALUE OF ALL WORK AND ALL HEATING CHANGES IN THIS CIRCLE PROCESS!
Result should be (delta) I>U =0 ;Q= -W= 453J

This is what i used to calculate but didnt get right result:
stage 1)
P1V1=nRT1 ---->n
Cv=5/2 R
Q=0
W=(delta) U= n Cv (delta)T ; delta T(T2-T1)
T1/T2= (V2/V1) exp (x-1) ------> T2
stage 2)
W=0
P1/P2= (V2/V1)exp (x) ----->P2
T2/T3=P2/P3 ----->T3
Q=nCv (delta)T ;delta T= (T3-T2)
stage 3)
T3/T4= (V4/V3) exp(x-1) ----->T4
Q=0
W=(delta)U= n Cv (delta)T ;delta T= ( T4-T3)
stage 4)
W=0
Q=(delta)U= n Cv (delta)T ; delta T= (T1-T4)Did i messed smt with formulas? Calculating not problem, just this is a bit hard to visualise and set right formulas.. if someone can catch my mistake fast so i can try again, i don't want to bother anybary or take time. Thank you in front..
I m new here, sorry if didnt apsorb all rules at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please show us some more details of your calculations. It's really hard to figure out where you went wrong without that.

Chet

1. What is a Thermodynamics monster task?

A Thermodynamics monster task refers to a complex problem or project related to the study of thermodynamics, which is the branch of science that deals with the transfer of heat and energy. It typically involves multiple variables and equations, and requires a thorough understanding of thermodynamic principles to solve.

2. What are some common examples of Thermodynamics monster tasks?

Some common examples of Thermodynamics monster tasks include designing a new engine that is more efficient and produces less waste heat, calculating the energy requirements for a large industrial process, or finding the optimal conditions for a chemical reaction based on thermodynamic principles.

3. How do scientists approach solving a Thermodynamics monster task?

Scientists typically use a combination of experimental data, mathematical models, and computer simulations to tackle a Thermodynamics monster task. They also rely on their knowledge of thermodynamic principles and equations to analyze and interpret the results.

4. What are the real-world applications of solving Thermodynamics monster tasks?

Solving Thermodynamics monster tasks has numerous real-world applications, such as improving the efficiency of energy production and consumption, designing more effective refrigeration and air conditioning systems, and developing new materials and processes for industrial and environmental purposes.

5. How does solving a Thermodynamics monster task contribute to scientific advancements?

Solving Thermodynamics monster tasks helps scientists gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws and principles of thermodynamics. This knowledge can then be applied to various fields of science and engineering, leading to advancements in technology, energy efficiency, and our understanding of the natural world.