Thermodynamics of refrigerator

In summary: Please somebody help me!In summary, according to the rules, you need to show us some working before we can help you. If you don't know where to start, I'd recommend thinking about the values you need.
christodoulou Andrea
please somebody help me!
Electrical refrigerator contains 242 gr.Freon(mm.121).For the evaporation of 1 mole of this freon we need 4,8kcal.the capacity of the refrigerator is 120 liters.The performance coefficient is 25%.To incease the temperature of one mole of air to 1 C degree we need 7 cal.How many times must the freon recycle to decrease the temperature of the refrigerator-air to 12 C degree.

PLEASE IS URGENT!

Physics news on Phys.org
In accordance with the rules, you have to show us some working before we can help you... If you don't know where to start, I'd recommend thinking about the values you need, before starting any calculations:

i.e. How many moles of Freon have you got?
How many moles of air are 25 litres (assuming standard air pressure & temperature)?

Personally, I think this is an engineering question.

Regards,
Sam

Electrical refrigerator conains 242 gr. of freon (Melecolar mass:121).For the evaporation of 1 mole of this freon are need 4,8 kcal.The capacity of the frigidaire is 120 liters and its performance coefficient is 25%.To increase the temperature of one mole of air by 1 celsius degree we need 7 cal.How many times must to the freon recycle to decrease the air of the frigidaire by 12 celsius degree.

I know tha i have 2 moles of freon.I also know the capacity and the performance coefficient but i can't continue.

Please help me!

christodoulou Andrea said:
please somebody help me!
Electrical refrigerator contains 242 gr.Freon(mm.121).For the evaporation of 1 mole of this freon we need 4,8kcal.the capacity of the refrigerator is 120 liters.The performance coefficient is 25%.To incease the temperature of one mole of air by 1 C degree we need 7 cal.How many times must the freon recycle to decrease the temperature of the refrigerator-air by 12 C degree.
PLEASE IS URGENT!
I know tha ihave two moles of freon but after that i can't continue

1. What is the purpose of thermodynamics in a refrigerator?

The purpose of thermodynamics in a refrigerator is to understand and control the transfer of heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, allowing for the cooling of the interior space.

2. How does a refrigerator use thermodynamics to function?

A refrigerator uses thermodynamics by utilizing a refrigerant, such as Freon, to absorb heat from the interior of the fridge and release it to the outside through a series of coils and compressors. This process creates a cool environment inside the refrigerator.

3. What is the ideal temperature for a refrigerator according to thermodynamics?

The ideal temperature for a refrigerator according to thermodynamics is between 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit (2-3 degrees Celsius). This temperature range allows for the preservation of food and inhibits the growth of bacteria.

4. How does the second law of thermodynamics apply to refrigerators?

The second law of thermodynamics states that heat will always flow from a hotter object to a colder one. In refrigerators, this law is applied by using energy to transfer heat from the interior of the fridge to the outside, where it is cooler.

5. What are the most common types of refrigerators based on thermodynamics?

The two most common types of refrigerators based on thermodynamics are vapor compression refrigerators and absorption refrigerators. Both use different methods to transfer heat and cool the interior space of the refrigerator.