1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermodynamics question

1. Oct 19, 2009 #1
    I'm doing some testing and I was wondering:

Would it be possible for a changing ambient air temperature profile (e.g. 30ºC for X hours immediately changing to 35ºC for Y hours immediately changing to 25ºC for Z hours) to effect a certain mass and result in a temperature change EQUAL to a separate, constant ambient air temperature effecting a similar mass?

I thought I could integrate the initial temperature profile, find the area under the curve, and create a similar area with a constant temperature rectangle with temperature = height on Y axis and time of the profile being length on the x axis which would be equal to the total time of the original ambient air profile. I'm not sure if this corresponds directly to temperature change of the mass, but logically it makes sense.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted