1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermoelectric refrigerator

1. Oct 31, 2009 #1
    hi everyone

I am doing a project on thermoelectric Refrigerator and from my research i found out about a p-type material known as Zn4Sb3 which has a high figure of merit however, as far as i know to make a thermoelectric module, it has to be combined with an n-tpye material. is it that any n-type material is possible to use with Zn4Sb3? can i use Bi2Te3?

just to confirm is Zn4Sb3 possible to use for making thermoelectric refrigerator ?as some artice i read that it could not give a figure of merit of 1.4 at room temperature.

hope someone could help me with this problem.

I would also appreciate it if someone had any book or article about this topic to reccomend.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2009 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is you project about developing a thermoelectric element, or a refigerator? If it's the latter, I would just buy an off the sheft TEC and not bother with the nitt-gritty details of how one is designed and constructed.

4. Nov 3, 2009 #3
    well i had to produce the module myself and i had to do a report therefore i couldnt just buy a TEC off the shelve

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook