These guys dress up like giant cell phones and. .

In summary, a group of individuals dress up as giant cell phones and attack and destroy other people's cell phones. However, this could potentially result in serious consequences such as assault, theft, destruction of property, and trespassing. The conversation also touches on the topic of post counts on a forum, with some discussion on what types of posts should count and why. Overall, the conversation brings up some interesting points and raises questions about the purpose of certain forum categories.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
These guys dress up like giant cell phones and then attack and destroy other people's cell phones. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.phonebashing.com/

If this is for real, there will be a judge who will also find this tremendously funny. They may think this is fun and games, but it is still assault, and that could earn them hard time.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ivan, why does it say you have 6,525 posts?

Ivan Seeking said:
They may think this is fun and games, but it is still assault, and that could earn them hard time.

And theft, and destruction of property, and trespassing (to get the phone suits) all wrapped up with a nice little online confession! :bugeye: I hope it's just a spoof site.

Rach3 said:

Because I do? :biggrin:

I've been posting here for almost four years now.

Actually, he has more than that, since GD and P&WA posts don't count toward post count, and I think Ivan was here before the upgrade that reset everyone's post counts to 0 (I joined after that, but it sounded like that wasn't much before I joined).

I thought P&WA still counted? Also, I don't remember the post count resetting. I think it was just the post counts in specific forums when they got shuffled and split.

Am I all wet here?

Oh wait, I think not long after I joined there was an upgrade...

Moonbear said:
... P&WA posts don't count toward post count...

I can see GD, but why does P&WA not count?

DaveC426913 said:

It's a subforum of GD under the category of "not science." Unless I'm wrong, since Ivan seems to think they do still count. :uhh:

Phonebashing?

Rach3 said:
Sorry, wrong number!

DaveC426913 said:
We decided earlier this year that flaming and personal opinion didn't count as posts.

Ooops, did I just say that out loud? :redface:

Which leads me to ask - why do posts in philosophy count?

(runs and hides)

Last edited:
...because it encourages thinking outside of the box

paul_peciak said:
...because it encourages thinking outside of the box
No, it's because we forgot to exclude them.

Yes, who knows why Universities even bother with the subject. Clearly there is no use for logic.

Ivan Seeking said:
Also, I don't remember the post count resetting. I think it was just the post counts in specific forums when they got shuffled and split.
I believe there have actually been two post-count resets, but those phone-guys are the ones who really need to be reset. I don't think that is funny, hopefully that was all staged (where would you get the nerve to destroy someone's phone like that?)

1. What inspired the idea of dressing up like giant cell phones?

The idea was inspired by a combination of factors, including the increasing importance of technology in our daily lives and the desire to create a unique and attention-grabbing performance.

2. How did you come up with the design for the giant cell phone costumes?

The design was a collaborative effort between our team of scientists and costume designers. We wanted the costumes to be visually appealing and instantly recognizable as cell phones, while also being comfortable and easy to move in.

3. What materials are the costumes made of?

The costumes are made of lightweight and durable materials such as foam, fabric, and plastic. This allows us to move freely while also ensuring the costumes can withstand multiple performances.

4. Do you have a specific message or purpose behind your performances?

Our performances are meant to entertain and engage audiences, while also raising awareness about the role of technology in our lives and the potential impact of our choices on the environment.

5. How do you incorporate science into your performances?

We use a combination of scientific knowledge and creative storytelling to create performances that are both informative and entertaining. Our performances often touch on topics such as technology, sustainability, and the future of science and innovation.