Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

These kind of people make me pray for nuclear holocaust

1. Jan 15, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060116/ap_on_re_us/homeless_beatings

Death penalty....

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2006 #2
    I have to agree with you on this one, I hate this kind of sh*t.

4. Jan 15, 2006 #3
    I saw a video of that on the news earlier, horrible. It reminds me of a video of a group of kids kicking a dog on the streets and the dog crying....

I really hope they get the death penalty....

5. Jan 15, 2006 #4
    I saw that to, I don't know how people can do such a thing to someone else. I hope they do get the death penalty, you can't tell me they didn't know what they were doing.

6. Jan 16, 2006 #5

Mk

Little ****ers.

7. Jan 16, 2006 #6
    i didnt know people can still get death panelties?
    well, life sentence is the most they can get at my country...
    and yeah, these kids are sick, what the hell were they thinking???

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  8. Jan 16, 2006 #7
    Life in prison is plenty of a penalty (too much actually)

Vengeance is not the reaction of a society that exists on any level of sophistication.

9. Jan 16, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You're right, we should let them go :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

10. Jan 16, 2006 #9
    What part of "life in prison" or "less than that" (which can actually be quite some time) let you think I believe in lawlessness?

Vengeance is NOT a noble attribute, and trying to twist what I said in order to make me seem weird so that the idea of meting out punishment in anger looks appealing will not work.

11. Jan 16, 2006 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What is your solution then?

What's the difference between life in prison and 20 years? Is one not vengeance while the other is? What is the correct punishment for murder and multiple attempted murders?

12. Jan 16, 2006 #11
    I was responding more towards the guttural anger and vengeful tone in the entire thread.

I am most certainly opposed to the death penalty (as should the "culture of life" republicans), and I agree with the ideas laid out in the constitution that punishment must match the crime. (originally missed the part about the one guy dying, so 25 to life is fine with me.)

13. Jan 16, 2006 #12

Mk

Yes, life or execution is too much. But they should get locked up for awhile. They probably aren't going to be very productive citizens anyway.

Back where I used to live in Florida, at a middle school, last week, an eighth grader jumped up in class and announced he was going to kill somebody, after holding up a handgun. He ran out of the room. When the police got there, he ended up pointing his gun at them, and got his dumb ass shot. He ran into the bathroom, surrendered, and died on his way to the hospital. The gun turned out to be an air-gun. He must have thought it was real funny, he's not laughing anymore.

14. Jan 16, 2006 #13
    Sometimes I think that life or death penalty is too much because of the nature of the crime. For example, if a guy is drunk and stumbles into his house and notices that his wife is cheating on him with someone else. Certainly the guy should be barred for a while, but if the guy has no previous records of violence or anything, then I think that the guy is a much better person than people who have no respect for anyone and just go around killing homeless people with baseball bats. One of them was angry and drunk, the others don't deserve to be called human.

These people should either be put to death, or life in prison because of their f***ed up mentality. I don't see them ever turning into normal citizens.

15. Jan 16, 2006 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is very difficult for me to understand. Very disturbing. I cringe when I think about what the statistics for animal abuse must be. What is it about some teenage boys that makes them want to torture someone or something helpless?

16. Jan 16, 2006 #15
    I say we get some homlesse people to beat them to death, the irony.

17. Jan 16, 2006 #16
    The guy who stabbed me got 9 months. I thought it was a bit light.
    I'd say homeless people aren't worth 20 years, first offense 3 years tops. second homeless murder 5 years plus probation as long as they promise to stop leaving so many clues

18. Jan 16, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The second i saw tribdog made a reply, i knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

19. Jan 16, 2006 #18
    that's what I said when I heard your mom was pregnant

20. Jan 16, 2006 #19
    I'm a funny guy. I should get a ribbon

21. Jan 16, 2006 #20
    well, i think that (when youre not in immediate mortal threat) there is no justification in killing people.
    saving society from them is the most you can do, and prison for life will save society from them, and there must be someone that can free them if they behave good enough and doesnt seem to pose any threat after they served a certain amount of the time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?