1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thevenin's Equivalent circuit

1. Aug 18, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

8783645800_1408423836.jpg

3. The attempt at a solution

as you see I can't obtain Vt=(alpha)it+(Beta) that alpha is thevenin resistance and beta is Thevenin voltage.if there is no problem could you tell me
    1-when we find vt or it value instead of their linear equation what does it man?
    2-In above circuit can we find i1 value?
    3-In above circuit what is Thevenin's Equivalent circuit?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Could you neatly sketch the circuit whose Thèvenin equivalent you are required to find? Also label it so there is a clear difference between 2 and Z. What is the symbol of a circle with a central arrow?

4. Aug 19, 2014 #3

NascentOxygen

5. Aug 19, 2014 #4
    Hello
    here is neatly sketch and I define the name of each source and the value is "2" (in Volt , Ohm,Amper)

7485121600_1408443572.jpg

6. Aug 19, 2014 #5

NascentOxygen

What appears to be a short-circuit across the current source really is a short-circuit across the current source?

The values shown make no sense. There can be no "solution" here.

The arrangement with the addition of vt is feasible and has a solution, as you found.

It's not clear what this is about, though. Are there more details you can provide about the question?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  7. Aug 19, 2014 #6
    Hello NascentOxygen
    Thanks for your explanation.
    It is just a circuit course problem and I want to know better the thevenin rule in this question

8. Aug 19, 2014 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

And do you think that it will help that you have ignored NascentOxygen's questions?

In other words, you have to help us help you, otherwise we cannot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted