1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Thevenin's Theorem

1. Nov 17, 2017 #181
    Ahhh! Thank you! I was able to transpose that equation for VTh and ended up with the answer I was expecting.

Thanks again.

2. Jan 8, 2018 #182
    I am currently on part c) and have converted each voltage source and series impedance into a current source and parallel impedance using Ohms Law, I = V/Z which i get 103.75 for v1 and -J69.17 for v2.
    Then combining them to get 103.75-j69.17 as my voltage source.
    Then to combine J4 and J6 which are in parallel which i make j2.4.

The next bit i'm slightly confused on which is to use current divider rule to calculate the load current which i think is Ix=[Rt/(Rt+Rx)]*It
    It= the current source. Please can advise me if i'm on the right track.

3. Jan 8, 2018 #183

gneill

Staff: Mentor

I think you mean current source. You added the two Norton sources.
    Yes, you're on the right track.

4. Aug 2, 2018 #184
    Hello

I've been struggling with this question for a good three months now. I have read through this whole thread, been in to see my tutor (distance learning so contact isn't regular) and got books out from the university library.

And I still don't have the slightest clue with where to even start. Not even a little bit. I have tried to go to other questions on the assignment but there's no luck there either. The course material I'm assuming is similar to that of the others posting on here as it's almost useless.

Attached is all I have so far.

Adam

Attached Files:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted