Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

They look like odd CD's

1. Feb 11, 2006 #1
    The olympic metals, now they are just ugly!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2006 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What? Gold silver an bronze are the prettiest metals of all! Except maybe for palladium.

4. Feb 11, 2006 #3
    I like rust.

5. Feb 11, 2006 #4
    [​IMG]
    Looks more like an odd donut

6. Feb 11, 2006 #5
    what kind of medal are the metals made of?

7. Feb 11, 2006 #6
    They should get some design tips from the Rappers and put 'ice' all over the medal so it blings. It should also come with matching a gold plated Crunk cup, so that you can toast to your victory in style.

[​IMG]

Nothing says I just won the olypimcs like an iced out medal and cup. Just change crunk to O-L-Y-M-P-I-C-S. You could replace the crown with a Luge, ice skates, bobsled, you get the picture. (The matching teeth jewlery is for multiple event winners only) OKAYYY?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  8. Feb 11, 2006 #7
    Goodness, what an exceptionally bad design!

9. Feb 11, 2006 #8
  10. Feb 11, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Everything seems a bit tacky this year. Donut-shaped medals, stick-figure mascots, and did anyone see the opening ceremony? I didn't watch much, but caught the parade of the athletes walking in (I think it was a re-run since it was about 4AM when I caught it...or was it really still going on then?)...they were playing really cheesy 80s music in the background...not even the good stuff, but the cheesy stuff, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the selection of songs either. It was like someone just decided to turn on a radio instead of putting together a soundtrack that made any sort of sense. This year's organizers seem to have some really bad taste, or else they've really overspent somewhere and didn't have money left for music and medals (afterall, they're probably cheaper with a big hole in the middle...less metal in the medal, right?).

11. Feb 11, 2006 #10
  12. Feb 11, 2006 #11
    I think they spent all the money on the Alpine Mountain dresses for the opening ceremony. Which if you used the metals, you could play a nifty ring toss game with!

13. Feb 11, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Is that what those dresses were? They looked like something that would win an ugliest bridal gown contest! :rofl:

14. Feb 12, 2006 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I was putting my time to good use on Friday night watching the final episodes of AD (I warned you all). During the commercials I did switch to the opening ceremonies for a minute at a time. Yes, the Italians can be just as shallow as any American. So STUFF it all you "America is so tacky" people, get it right: "Humans are so tacky; the French love MacDonalds; Italians compose awful music; Americans talk on cell phones" . For these and for everything else let's all say a collective "mea culpa" (except in plural).

And you should have watched AD.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?