Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thieves cut off man's 'holy leg'

1. Dec 17, 2007 #1
    This is just terrible. What is the world turning into :yuck:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2007 #2
    you're mistaken; there is the world that has always been. this kind of thing is reminiscent medieval times.
  4. Dec 17, 2007 #3
    Oh well... we didn't make that much progress then :(
  5. Dec 17, 2007 #4

Tru that yenchin.
  6. Dec 17, 2007 #5
    Maybe they just needed to get a leg up in life?
  7. Dec 17, 2007 #6
    Color me not suprised? anyone?
  8. Dec 17, 2007 #7
    I wonder if his healing leg will grow a new body, or if his body will grow a new healing leg. Or maybe the healing power will move to his other leg until someone takes that one too. I guess it's a good thing he didn't say his power was in his mind.
  9. Dec 17, 2007 #8
    Not too surprised here either. An old drunk who claims magical powers will catch the attention of dim, gullible people. Let's bury this leg under the house and we will never die! And yes, the magic man will surely grow a new one.
  10. Dec 17, 2007 #9
    I dont think they drink much in India.... If I were him, I would have told people I have magic powers in my third leg. But thats just me.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  11. Dec 17, 2007 #10
    Just enough to pass out from it and wake up with a limp.
  12. Dec 17, 2007 #11
    AHAHAH I didnt read the article. Thats even worse!

I think those people are disgusting nutjobs anyways. They do some nasty 'religious' stuff in india. Yuck.
  13. Dec 17, 2007 #12
    Yeah, nasty religious stuff is done everywhere. In general, belief in the supernatural can justify any kind of irrational behavior to its perpetrator.
  14. Dec 17, 2007 #13
    Oh, be fair now. Rational minds can think up things just as nasty as irrational minds. Also, I'm sure their decision to remove the magic leg was completely rational to them. We all make decisions based on our understanding of the world, them as much as you or I. How we go about acting on them is a matter of preference or expectation. As ignorant and cruel as the leg thieves may appear to us, let's at least try to be objective in our opinion.
  15. Dec 17, 2007 #14
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Ill pass. (Granted, those guys were just as uneducated as the magic man, but as a whole they make up one stupid bunch).

I think unless you're 100% brain dead, cutting off another persons leg should be a no-no, magic powers or not.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  16. Dec 17, 2007 #15

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is insane, but then again, the world is insane so maybe it fits.:uhh:

Cyrus, I noticed you shortened the name! Looks good!
  17. Dec 17, 2007 #16
    Ha ha ha, the joke's on them. They got the wrong leg.
  18. Dec 17, 2007 #17
    Then they would be back to take the correct one :eek:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?