Thieves cut off man's 'holy leg'

• Thread starter yenchin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut
In summary: It's always a bad idea to make assumptions, especially about people.It's always a bad idea to make assumptions, especially about people.
yenchin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7142920.stm" is just terrible. What is the world turning into :yuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
yenchin said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7142920.stm" is just terrible. What is the world turning into :yuck:

you're mistaken; there is the world that has always been. this kind of thing is reminiscent medieval times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well... we didn't make that much progress then :(

Tru that yenchin.

Maybe they just needed to get a leg up in life?

I wonder if his healing leg will grow a new body, or if his body will grow a new healing leg. Or maybe the healing power will move to his other leg until someone takes that one too. I guess it's a good thing he didn't say his power was in his mind.

Not too surprised here either. An old drunk who claims magical powers will catch the attention of dim, gullible people. Let's bury this leg under the house and we will never die! And yes, the magic man will surely grow a new one.

I don't think they drink much in India... If I were him, I would have told people I have magic powers in my third leg. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
I don't think they drink much in India...

Just enough to pass out from it and wake up with a limp.

AHAHAH I didnt read the article. Thats even worse!

I think those people are disgusting nutjobs anyways. They do some nasty 'religious' stuff in india. Yuck.

Yeah, nasty religious stuff is done everywhere. In general, belief in the supernatural can justify any kind of irrational behavior to its perpetrator.

Oh, be fair now. Rational minds can think up things just as nasty as irrational minds. Also, I'm sure their decision to remove the magic leg was completely rational to them. We all make decisions based on our understanding of the world, them as much as you or I. How we go about acting on them is a matter of preference or expectation. As ignorant and cruel as the leg thieves may appear to us, let's at least try to be objective in our opinion.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Ill pass. (Granted, those guys were just as uneducated as the magic man, but as a whole they make up one stupid bunch).

I think unless you're 100% brain dead, cutting off another persons leg should be a no-no, magic powers or not.

Last edited:
This is insane, but then again, the world is insane so maybe it fits.:uhh:

Cyrus, I noticed you shortened the name! Looks good!

Ha ha ha, the joke's on them. They got the wrong leg.

jimmysnyder said:
Ha ha ha, the joke's on them. They got the wrong leg.

Then they would be back to take the correct one :eek:

1. What happened in the incident of "Thieves cut off man's 'holy leg'"?

In this incident, a man who was believed to have healing powers due to a "holy leg" was targeted by thieves who cut off his leg in order to sell it for profit.

2. What is the significance of the man's "holy leg"?

The man's "holy leg" was believed by many to have healing powers and was considered a sacred object by the local community.

3. Was the man injured in the incident?

Yes, the man was severely injured when his leg was cut off by the thieves. He was rushed to the hospital for medical treatment.

4. Have the thieves been caught by the authorities?

As of now, the authorities have not yet apprehended the thieves responsible for the incident. An investigation is ongoing.

5. How has the community reacted to this incident?

The community has been shocked and outraged by this heinous act. Many are calling for justice and for the thieves to be brought to justice. Some are also questioning the safety and security in the area.