Things I Love from America

• Thread starter revelator
  • Start date
I want to thank you!
I felf embarrassed when I knew I had killed a thread.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Yeah, I don't understand those people who enjoy killing threads. :tongue2:

matthyaouw

Gold Member
It's like hunting for sport, but slightly more ethical. A one page thread is like catching a small fish, or rodent. One this size is the PF equivilant to a modest sized deer or elk. The thread killer thread is like landing a whale with an ordinary fishing hook, or taking down an angry rare tiger using only a tooth pick.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Oh, I don't understand sport hunting either. :wink:

ohh lets not forget Winchester..the first American repeating riffle!

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Smurf said:
you just lost your kill.
Can't we have an unwritten rule that anyone who claims the moon landing was faked just killed the thread and let it be?

I'll never forget the first day I heard the claim that the moon landing was faked. It was some dude that I didn't even know, a friend of a roommate that was at my apartment. He said it had to have been faked because the flag was waving and there is no wind on the moon. Later that night, I was playing Trivial Pursuit and one of the questions asked for the name of the engineer responsible for the self-waving flag used in the moon landing.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
loseyourname said:
Later that night, I was playing Trivial Pursuit and one of the questions asked for the name of the engineer responsible for the self-waving flag used in the moon landing.
:rofl: They made a self-waving flag? That's great. Do you remember who designed it?

Tom Waits!
David Lynch!
P.T. Anderson!
Kurt Cobain!
Shorter words (e.g. thru)!
Richard Feynman!
Getting off their a55e5 in 1942!
Elvis Presley!
Wes Anderson!
The Simpsons! (officially the only really funny US telly show - why is that? US films are so damn hysterical... saw WotW recently, for instance)
Discovering Planet Earth! (well, since we're being generous)
Budweiser! (the only effortlessly glugable lager that doesn't taste of plastic that I know of... mainly because it tastes of water)

Skyhunter

The Constitution.

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
How can you praise the US for inventing Budweiser, Hombre?

For a start, it tastes horrible and is the scourge of the beer world. Secondly, it originated in the Czech Republic anyway!

brewnog said:

For a start, it tastes horrible and is the scourge of the beer world. Secondly, it originated in the Czech Republic anyway!
I don't like American beer much.....I don't mind some of the microbreweries but they are still no match for overseas beer. Just MO of course....

Anyone else here like VB?

brewnog said:

(US) Budweiser doesn't taste of a damn thing as far as I can tell, and cannot be associated to proper Budwesier (Budvar) in any way... despite the name. Now Budvar... that's a beer. Better still from Czechland, Pilsner Urquell... the original and the best!

Skyhunter

I thought we were discussing what we love about America, not what America has contributed to the world.

What I love most about America is that after the revolutionary war the king of England abdicated his sovereignty to the American people. The framers of our constitution reinforced the notion of personal sovereignty by stating that "all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with inalienable rights". Even though those rights are being steadily eroded, the constitution is still the organic document that all positive US laws must adhere to.

(At least until the Supreme court is packed with idealogues like John Roberts, who believe that the same inalienable rights should also be bestowed upon corporations.)

Skyhunter said:
(At least until the Supreme court is packed with idealogues like John Roberts, who believe that the same inalienable rights should also be bestowed upon corporations.)
Why does everyone feel so utterly compelled to add there own little political .02 cents in at the bottom of their post? PF has an entire sub-forum just for that kind of stuff.

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
El Hombre Invisible said:
(US) Budweiser doesn't taste of a damn thing as far as I can tell, and cannot be associated to proper Budwesier (Budvar) in any way... despite the name. Now Budvar... that's a beer. Better still from Czechland, Pilsner Urquell... the original and the best!

Oooooh, now you're talking!
I've been promised a couple of bottles of Pilsner Urquell sometime, got a Czech mate bringing me some back. Pun intended.