What are some of America's Greatest Contributions to the World?

• Thread starter revelator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, America's greatest contributions to the world include technological advancements such as the invention of the internet and the development of modern medicine, as well as cultural influences such as jazz music, Hollywood films, and fast food. Additionally, the United States has made significant contributions to world politics and economics, including the establishment of the United Nations and the spread of capitalism. The country has also played a major role in promoting democracy and human rights globally. Finally, America's scientific advancements, such as space exploration and the discovery of DNA, have had a profound impact on the world and continue to drive progress and innovation.
Canada ?? what is that ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mk said:
I've never had a "slider," but I don't like how (at least the White Castle ones) are like half onions.

Fried cow brain burgers were invented in America

http://www.robthurman.com/weblog/archives/brain.jpg

Anyone tried one before?

ever heard of BSE !

Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
What is in a," slider", that makes it so good?
Oh, those "sliders" are really good..

arildno said:
Oh, those "sliders" are really good..

They do not look very nice, is there any real meat in them?
I had a Mc donalds burger one time, never again.
but per chance they are different where you live.

http://whitecastle.com/_assets/images/food/menu/cheeseburger_lg.jpg This is a slider..real size is 3 by 3 inches

Sliders are mini-hamburgers that are steam cooked with onions. Other names for them include{but not limited to} gut bombs and belly busters.
And no, I don't care for them very much, they are really greasy

Last edited by a moderator:
fourier jr said:
inventions from Canada:
-- wonderbra

Ok, I'll give you that one.

But the English invented nudity!

hypatia said:
Sliders are mini-hamburgers that are steam cooked with onions. Other names for them include{but not limited to} gut bombs and belly busters.
And no, I don't care for them very much, they are really greasy

Wouldn't a Krystal burger qualify as a slyder?

brewnog said:
But the English invented nudity!
I can't wait to hear the logic behind this one.

Oh wait, brewnog. :frown: Logic! What was I thinking?!

fourier jr said:
inventions from Canada:
-- alkaline battery
-- wonderbra
-- wind tunnels for models of buildings
-- howitzer

Automatic Foghorn, Automatic Machinery Lubricator, Automatic Postal Sorter, Basketball, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, CPR Dummy, Electron Microscope, Electric Organ, Gramophone, Pacemaker, Hydrofoils, IMAX, Instant Mashed Potatoes, JAVA, Kerosene,Lawn Sprinkler, Synthesizer, Odometer, Plexiglass (Polymerized Methyl Methacrylate), Quartz Clock, Pamela Anderson, Snowblower, Snowmobile, Telephone, Trivial Pursuit, Zipper

~

Last edited:
Mk said:
Instant Mashed Potatoes

Nothing to be proud of.

Evo said:
root beer

This alone should makes the USA the single greatest country in the world

Mk said:
Zipper
Swedish Born. Canadian Citizen. Mine as well give America credit for Einstein if you use that criteria.

Mk said:
Automatic Foghorn, Automatic Machinery Lubricator, Automatic Postal Sorter, Instant Mashed Potatoes

Pfff, so YOU'RE the country that made America so lazy :tongue2:

Yes Krystal's burgers are also considered sliders..

one of favorit's at the fair...Cotton candy!

Townsend said:
And the video...is that fake too then? :rolleyes:

Right. It is fake.

lwymarie said:
Right. It is fake.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh you`re too funny!

That is a very bold statement would you like to share with us some of your evidence as to why it`s a fake? (i could do with a good laugh!).

zanazzi78 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh you`re too funny!

That is a very bold statement would you like to share with us some of your evidence as to why it`s a fake? (i could do with a good laugh!).

I only have those websites written in Chinese...

I've killed this thread... should i congratulate myself?
Nah, instead I should cry.. :cry:

BTW, I'm not going to offense you Americans...
In fact I love America very much and I wish I lived there...
Anyway I apologize. Forgive me good guys~

you just lost your kill.

I want to thank you!
I felf embarrassed when I knew I had killed a thread.

Yeah, I don't understand those people who enjoy killing threads. :tongue2:

It's like hunting for sport, but slightly more ethical. A one page thread is like catching a small fish, or rodent. One this size is the PF equivilant to a modest sized deer or elk. The thread killer thread is like landing a whale with an ordinary fishing hook, or taking down an angry rare tiger using only a tooth pick.

Oh, I don't understand sport hunting either. :wink:

ohh let's not forget Winchester..the first American repeating riffle!

Smurf said:
you just lost your kill.

Can't we have an unwritten rule that anyone who claims the moon landing was faked just killed the thread and let it be?

I'll never forget the first day I heard the claim that the moon landing was faked. It was some dude that I didn't even know, a friend of a roommate that was at my apartment. He said it had to have been faked because the flag was waving and there is no wind on the moon. Later that night, I was playing Trivial Pursuit and one of the questions asked for the name of the engineer responsible for the self-waving flag used in the moon landing.

loseyourname said:
Later that night, I was playing Trivial Pursuit and one of the questions asked for the name of the engineer responsible for the self-waving flag used in the moon landing.
:rofl: They made a self-waving flag? That's great. Do you remember who designed it?

Tom Waits!
David Lynch!
P.T. Anderson!
Kurt Cobain!
Shorter words (e.g. thru)!
Richard Feynman!
Getting off their a55e5 in 1942!
Elvis Presley!
Wes Anderson!
The Simpsons! (officially the only really funny US telly show - why is that? US films are so damn hysterical... saw WotW recently, for instance)
Discovering Planet Earth! (well, since we're being generous)
Budweiser! (the only effortlessly glugable lager that doesn't taste of plastic that I know of... mainly because it tastes of water)

The Constitution.

How can you praise the US for inventing Budweiser, Hombre?

For a start, it tastes horrible and is the scourge of the beer world. Secondly, it originated in the Czech Republic anyway!

brewnog said:

For a start, it tastes horrible and is the scourge of the beer world. Secondly, it originated in the Czech Republic anyway!

I don't like American beer much...I don't mind some of the microbreweries but they are still no match for overseas beer. Just MO of course...

Anyone else here like VB?

brewnog said:

(US) Budweiser doesn't taste of a damn thing as far as I can tell, and cannot be associated to proper Budwesier (Budvar) in any way... despite the name. Now Budvar... that's a beer. Better still from Czechland, Pilsner Urquell... the original and the best!

I thought we were discussing what we love about America, not what America has contributed to the world.

What I love most about America is that after the revolutionary war the king of England abdicated his sovereignty to the American people. The framers of our constitution reinforced the notion of personal sovereignty by stating that "all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with inalienable rights". Even though those rights are being steadily eroded, the constitution is still the organic document that all positive US laws must adhere to.

(At least until the Supreme court is packed with idealogues like John Roberts, who believe that the same inalienable rights should also be bestowed upon corporations.)

Skyhunter said:
(At least until the Supreme court is packed with idealogues like John Roberts, who believe that the same inalienable rights should also be bestowed upon corporations.)

Why does everyone feel so utterly compelled to add there own little political .02 cents in at the bottom of their post? PF has an entire sub-forum just for that kind of stuff.

El Hombre Invisible said:
(US) Budweiser doesn't taste of a damn thing as far as I can tell, and cannot be associated to proper Budwesier (Budvar) in any way... despite the name. Now Budvar... that's a beer. Better still from Czechland, Pilsner Urquell... the original and the best!

Oooooh, now you're talking!
I've been promised a couple of bottles of Pilsner Urquell sometime, got a Czech mate bringing me some back. Pun intended.