Reasons To Vote For Kerry: Things He Will Do To Improve America

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
In summary: Check. Kerry wants to increase taxes on people who make a lot of money, while Bush cut taxes for the majority of Americans. This is a common neo-liberal idea, and one that Kerry has voiced before.
Well Artman and LYN, he has given you and US an overview of what and how he intends to go about accomplishing those goals, I'd say that's sincere, just and fair. This is more than the head of the current admin was providing at the same relative point in his first run.

Kerry's record if undistinguished is moderately good and shows the he fought for many things we 'average joes' feel would benefit us.

Contrasted against the incumbent, you see someone out of touch with 'joe average' and the larger portion of the population.

Kerry knows this is the only planet we have to live on at present so he sees the crucial importance of ecological wisdom for the current generation and generations yet to come.

The incumbent, well its no secret.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you Amp.

amp said:
Kerry's record if undistinguished is moderately good and shows the he fought for many things we 'average joes' feel would benefit us.

This seems to be true.

This also seems to be true:

loseyourname said:
- One final thing he doesn't mention is that all of these proposals can only be achieved through legislation. If congress remains Republican, how the heck is he going to get any of this passed?

Thank you for the information on Kerry's platform loseyourname.

This also seems to be true:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loseyourname
- One final thing he doesn't mention is that all of these proposals can only be achieved through legislation. If congress remains Republican, how the heck is he going to get any of this passed?

Thank you for the information on Kerry's platform loseyourname.

LYN, pardon me for not opting for pessimism which would increase the work in a already difficult task, finging and building a foundation from a base of common ground. The Rep's are desirous of many of the beneficial projections of the Kerry initiatives. As Obama stated better than I could, there is no liberal or conservative, we are Americans who stand/work/progress united in our efforts to strengthen and revitalize the spirit of America.

The whole point is that none of the parts of his platform I listed here would be of any benefit. No Republican or Democrat should vote for any of them.

...none of the parts of his platform I listed here would be of any benefit. No Republican or Democrat should vote for any of them.

Really? Why are you so certain? I guess like the 'Shadow' you must "know what lurks in the hearts of men."

The only thing we need to know about Kerry is that during his time in the senate he voted against every major weapon system that we currently use to defend your country.

Ohhh, but wait... I think he now supports all the systems. Do you believe in his actions or what he says in hindsight?

The number one job the president is to protect and defend the US. President Bush has shown that he has the conviction to stand against what the mainstream media and left think is right. By liberating Iraq we ensure that the tyrannical government can not lanuch an attack on the US or any other country. We are also ensured that WMD will not be devolped in Iraq and passed on to terrorist organizations. The windfall of democracy in Iraq & Afganistan will be felt in all parts of the mideast and the world. The ramifications of which will be enjoyed by future generations.

JMD

LYN, pardon me for not opting for pessimism which would increase the work in a already difficult task, finging and building a foundation from a base of common ground. The Rep's are desirous of many of the beneficial projections of the Kerry initiatives. As Obama stated better than I could, there is no liberal or conservative, we are Americans who stand/work/progress united in our efforts to strengthen and revitalize the spirit of America.

Time to put the boots on as it is getting a little deep around here.

nbo10 said:
The only thing we need to know about Kerry is that during his time in the senate he voted against every major weapon system that we currently use to defend your country.

Do you get all your information from TV ads?

I don't think so nbo10 . Kerry (IMHO) intends to cut the waste in the military and to produce systems that mesh and blend into a more robust military, unlike the way the public's investment has been abused by shall I say greed mongers.

This is hilarious:
...By liberating Iraq we ensure that the tyrannical government can not lanuch an attack on the US or any other country.

Iraq was less of a threat before the invasion than North Korea. Iraq could barely support itself.

Iraq could barely support itself.

So they had very few weapons, is that your assertion? Historically, nations that are nearly destitute are very dangerous. In fact, such seems to be the norm.