Things you can't live without.

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary: Didn't happen. Ended up calling the hotel, which was nice because I was getting a little paranoid.Try to avoid the obvious, like food and water.I was thinking of saying being warm all the time, but that would contradict some of the things I enjoy.So for number 6...I can't live without winter!i can not live without my bodyi can not live without my bodyYou broke the rule. :cry:cant live without gravity, don't like flying off to spaceCan't live without musicI can't live without winter!
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm just starting another thread, and hopefully a fun one too.

So, what can't you live without?

For me I have the following list, which I might add later with the insight of others.

1. The "User CP" option on PF because I would never be able to keep track of all my posts.
2. Lately, I can't make it through the day without communication with my gf. Never had a gf like that before, weird.
3. I can't live without Orange Juice.
4. I can't live without laughing.
5. I can't live without annoying my brother a million times a day. It's so much fun.

Try to avoid the obvious, like food and water.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
JasonRox said:
I'm just starting another thread, and hopefully a fun one too.

So, what can't you live without?

For me I have the following list, which I might add later with the insight of others.

1. The "User CP" option on PF because I would never be able to keep track of all my posts.
2. Lately, I can't make it through the day without communication with my gf. Never had a gf like that before, weird.
3. I can't live without Orange Juice.
4. I can't live without laughing.
5. I can't live without annoying my brother a million times a day. It's so much fun.

Try to avoid the obvious, like food and water.

Yeah, it was all a ruse so you could share #2. That's wonderful! :smile:

1) I can't live without coffee, or does that fall under the food and water category? Then again, you snuck orange juice into your list, so I guess it's okay.

2) Best friends.

3) Staying warm.

I think that about covers the essentials for me.

1. I can't live without a pen that doesn't have smeary ink (lefty) and a good notebook to write in.
2. I can't live without having the ability to smile.
3. I can't live without knowing there's a whole universe out there, filled with faraway places I've never been, stars I've yet to examine, and knowledge I've yet to learn.
4. I can't live without knowing I am who I am and accepting who that person is. This is because before you live with anything you have to live with yourself.

Moonbear said:
1) I can't live without coffee, or does that fall under the food and water category? Then again, you snuck orange juice into your list, so I guess it's okay.

I guess I have to let that one slide. :biggrin:

I was thinking of saying being warm all the time, but that would contradict some of the things I enjoy.

So for number 6...

I can't live without winter!

i can not live without my body

spender said:
i can not live without my body

You broke the rule. :cry:

cant live without gravity, don't like flying off to space

Can't live without music

JasonRox said:
I can't live without winter!

Ha ha, the first thing I thought of was how many people die every year from winter.

i cannot live without my Chem book by P.W.Atkins

i cannot live without getting angry every day for no/all reasons

i cannot live without noodles

i cannot live without listening to chopin

- Coca Cola (yes, it's bad, but it's oh so true)
- My guitar
- Good, fresh air
- Curry & Beer

The last two go hand in hand. And I've gone for long periods without the middle two, but that wasn't living, that was existing.

Mk said:
Ha ha, the first thing I thought of was how many people die every year from winter.

I love winter.

Note: More people probably die in the summer than winter. You'd be darn surprised.

I can't live without running. (or, failing that, at least bicycling)

JasonRox said:
Can't live without your gf too. :biggrin:

lol Artman.

I can live without anything, except for water and food.

I can't live without my fan (the kind that blows air).

JasonRox said:
I wish I had a bf that felt that way. :frown:

Last edited:
brewnog said:
- Curry & Beer

No doubt about it, you're definitely British! :biggrin: That was one of those things I found charmingly amusing about Bristol (only British town/city I've visited), you could predict that if you passed a pub, of which there were plenty, within one or two doors down, you'd pass an Indian restaurant.

As an aside, Bristol was very pretty, even if the streets seem laid out according to wherever the cattle felt like wandering at some point in history, LOL...yes, I got lost there, well, not exactly lost, I knew where the hotel was relative to where I was, could even point in the right direction, but couldn't find a street that would take me that direction. Kept saying, we just need to find a right turn (I was walking with someone else), but then I'd take a right turn, and the street would start to curve left again. Finally I found someone who wasn't in a pub who pointed us to a walking path through a park!

I can't live without moonbear's undying love.
*taps playing in background*

Chi Meson said:
I can't live without running. (or, failing that, at least bicycling)

Are you a fugitive?

1. What are the most essential things you can't live without?

The most essential things that humans cannot live without are oxygen, water, food, shelter, and sleep. These are the basic physiological needs that are necessary for our survival.

2. Can you live without technology?

While technology has become an integral part of our lives, it is not essential for our survival. However, it has made our lives more convenient and efficient, and many people may find it difficult to live without it.

3. Is there anything that is universally essential for all human beings?

Yes, there are a few things that are universally essential for all human beings, such as air, water, and food. These are basic needs that all individuals require for their survival, regardless of their cultural, social, or economic background.

4. Are there any psychological factors that are necessary for our well-being?

Yes, there are certain psychological factors that are essential for our well-being, such as love, belonging, and self-esteem. These needs are part of Maslow's hierarchy of needs and are necessary for our emotional and mental well-being.

5. Can people live without material possessions?

While material possessions can bring us comfort and convenience, they are not essential for our survival. Many people around the world live with very few material possessions and still lead fulfilling lives. Ultimately, it is our relationships, experiences, and personal growth that bring true happiness and fulfillment, not material possessions.