1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Think I made a Mistake

1. Oct 4, 2012 #1
    Hey everyone I made a thread before regarding graduate school but quite frankly, I think I made a mistake.

I was excited over the summer to start my terminal MS program in physics however, as of late I'm really not enjoying it and quite frankly don't see a point.

I don't know if it has to do with depressions issues lately, but I'm doing poorly in my classes (one instructor I have is amazing, the other not so much). I don't have the "drive" it appears as most other students in the field.

I would consider time off but I'm in a lease agreement and getting financial aid for my MS at this point is helping me pay the bills.

I've been considering doing an engineering MS in electrical or mechanical at this point and would like some potential feedback from other people.

Any thoughts on this? I don't have the super strong love/desire for physics and would think the engineering disciplines are more geared toward landing a job anyway.

Sorry for asking but I'm in a rut lately and can't seem to shake it off. The program is good, but I just can't get into it. I was in undergrad for 6 years because of the California budget system so I think I am just possibly burnt out as well.

Ideas? Help, please.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted