1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thinking of changing my major

1. Feb 29, 2012 #1
    I am studying supply chain management and I am really starting to feel like I have no desire to enter the bureaucratic nonsense involved with the corporate workforce. I decided to go into supply chain because it seemed more interesting than management. I also did it because it pays well and everything else in business school seems boring. I am now faced with the dilema of changing majors early in my school career. Also, I have a degree in residential drafting and I was going to become an architect a long time ago but changed my mind due to the economy. I am struggling in business school and I am unable to satisfy my creative itch. I am considering a transfer into the school of architecture to study Industrial Design. I understand that Industrial Engineering is offered at my school as well but I have not figured out what the difference is yet. I am a very hands on oriented person with a knack for design in all mediums however I struggle with things like calculus, physics, and accounting. Also, I have decided that I don't want to major in something for the money but I do want to pay my bills and one day be able to offer my kids the same education that I have been provided. Do you guys think Industrial Design is the way to go, do you participate in this field or know of anyone who does this for a living? I am a sophomore in college at the moment and its not to late to change majors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted