1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thinking of switching majors

1. Jan 27, 2013 #1
    I'm a physics major right now, but I've figured out that I'm just not smart enough to complete this. I struggle with every aspect of this subject. And I used to like physics, but the more physics classes I take, the less I enjoy it.
    How long would it take to complete a bachelors if I switched to biology? I've got a year left for my physics degree, but that's like 9 more physics classes, and I'm sure I'd fail some of them.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2013 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This is almost impossible for any of us to answer. We have no idea what classes you've taken, especially your electives, and what requirements are needed for a biology degree at your school.

Please go to the Biology department, and ask to speak to an academic advisor who can answer such a question.

Zz.

4. Jan 27, 2013 #3
    I don't know how you have a year left for a physics degree when your homework questions are from a first semester introductory physics sequence (i.e. physics I)

5. Jan 27, 2013 #4
    At my school biology and physics are the same department (granted there is no physics major here). You could probably argue biophys and have a lot of the physics credits used towards your biology degree. Especially since you have the vast majority of your major classes in front of you and not behind you, I would go ahead and do it. I switched majors from Econ to Math when I was a senior, and I don't regret it. It has opened up a lot more opportunities for me, and it is much more intellectually stimulating. The math major pretty much encompasses all of the econ major anyways.

He was probably planning on taking them 5 at a time (maybe summer too)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook