What Makes This Clock So Unconventional?

In summary, the clock is not working correctly because the hour hand points to the halfway point between 1 and 2, but the minute hand does not point to the half hour mark. Additionally, the clock is a semi-metric clock which has 100 (or 50) minutes to the hour, but still 12 hours to the day.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
There's nothing wrong with this clock. So what's wrong with this clock?

Attachments

• PF080201clock.jpg
    PF080201clock.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 611
Physics news on Phys.org
Answer:

The hour hand points to the halfway point between 1 and 2, but the minute hand does not point to the half hour mark.

eom

It's 11:30?

jimmy: I stated that there is nothing wrong with the clock. So, you're observant but you didnt follow it through.

KJH is correct.

The clock is working perfectly, it's just tilted.

I made this puzzle up today. I think if I can polish it a little, it might be more challenging.

Maybe a more complex clock to create some red herrings?
Word the teaser a little more subtlely?

I can't see the picture. "no permission"

Neither can I - and it's my picture...

DaveC426913 said:
I made this puzzle up today. I think if I can polish it a little, it might be more challenging.

It's not bad the way it is. By the way, you will be able to see the image if you log out.

DaveC426913 said:

You could always add another factor that's totally unexpected, such as viewing it in a mirror. In which case it's not 11:30, but instead 12:30. But that's being pretty underhanded...

DaveE

jimmysnyder said:
It's not bad the way it is. By the way, you will be able to see the image if you log out.
Nope.

Where did you get that "clock"?

The clock is a semi-metric clock, it has 100 (or 50) minutes to the hour, but still 12 hours to the day. A fully metric clock would have 10 hours per day.

Very strange. It must not be used to count time, yet has two hands.

OK, I'll pose one.

Why is Clockwise clockwise and not the other way round? (To Prof Tipesh, the other way round would be that clockwise is Clockwise!)

1. What does "thinking outside the clox" mean?

"Thinking outside the clox" refers to the idea of approaching a problem or situation with creativity and innovation, rather than relying on traditional methods or ways of thinking.

2. Why is it important to think outside the clox?

Thinking outside the clox can lead to new perspectives and solutions that may not have been considered before. It can also help to break out of routine and avoid becoming stagnant in one's thinking.

3. How can one learn to think outside the clox?

One way to learn to think outside the clox is to expose oneself to new experiences, ideas, and perspectives. This can include traveling, reading diverse materials, and engaging in creative activities.

4. Can anyone think outside the clox?

Yes, with practice and an open mindset, anyone can learn to think outside the clox. It may also be helpful to surround oneself with people who have different perspectives and ways of thinking.

5. What are the benefits of thinking outside the clox?

Thinking outside the clox can lead to more innovative and effective solutions, improved problem-solving skills, and a broader understanding of the world. It can also foster personal growth and creativity.