This girl is so confusing

• Thread starter Psyguy22
  • Start date
@Psyguy22

This girl you're stressing over has no respect for you because you're too available. You're another willful victim in her never-ending emotional game. Stop making yourself available, stop playing her game. The next time she tries to engage you, don't be reactive. Women don't like it when guys act emotional or needy, it's unattractive. You have to send the message that you have more important things to do.

Example phone call/text:

Her: Wanna hang out this Friday?
You: Maybe.

Her: Wanna go to a movie?
You: I've already made plans, maybe another time.

Her: Can we meet up? We need to talk mister!
You: We'll see.

Her: Hey, what are you up to?
You: I'm kinda busy, let me call you back.
(Don't call back)

Do you see what's going on here? You can't allow yourself to commit to a definite answer. It doesn't matter whether or not you say "yes" or "no" or "I'd love to see you this Friday" or "I never want to see you again", because the end result will be the same: She'll know that she has the ability to sway your emotions, and thus continue to treat you like a pawn in her game. Instead, you send the message that she has no impact on your life whatsoever by staying neutral, nonreactive, unavailable.

That's the microcosm. Here's the macro: You're too young to be in a relationship right now. You need to work on your social skills with the opposite sex: ask girls out to the movies, go to parties, go out with a group of friends, mix it up. After you have some experience under your belt (no pun), you'll be a better judge of character and you'll be able to discern whether or not a particular girl is worth your time and effort.
Wow. Thanks!! I'm gunna try this! Your probably right. Thank all of you for your help!!

Re: This girl is so confusing!!

My pleasure.

Good luck.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Re: This girl is so confusing!!

Please, don't fall for the "all girls like/dislike X" trick similar to the one that EMC told you. Women are individuals with unique personalities. There is no trick, no guaranteed method to dating. For either gender. It may work for this particular situation you are in, but i feel you just need to decide if you want to keep being around someone who doesn't seem to want you, or if you want to move on.