Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is a poll

1. a complete waste of time

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. a clever and funny way to spread joy and happiness

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. grounds for banishment

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. a sad cry for attention

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. other (please fill in your own answer)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Jan 19, 2006 #1
    There is only a 1 in 365 chance that it really is Astronuc's birthday. I'd bet it probably isn't

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, I guess this one got done right...I'll only embarrass you a little by pointing out that the two other attempts have been deleted. :devil:

You forgot an "all of the above" option. :biggrin:

4. Jan 19, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I voted for #2.

The mentor I replaced, zero, kept changing his birthdate in his profile and celebrated 2 dozen birthdays in the same month and people were still wishing him happy birthday. (I swear some people just post mindlessly to birthday threads).

Anyone know what happened to zero?

5. Jan 19, 2006 #4

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Additionally, you weren't specific as to whether you were referring to the motivation of the person claiming to have a birthday or referring to the poll respondent's opinion of the person claiming to have a birthday.

I decided you must mean the motivation of the person claiming to have a birthday - it would be kind of embarrassing for Astronuc if I said it was a desperate plea for attention.

6. Jan 19, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I'm waiting for someone's head to explode trying to reconcile #2 with the other 3 choices since my response is all of the above. :rofl: (We did slip tribdog some black market GOOBF cards, right?)

I must have scared him away. He just up and disappeared right around when I discovered GD, or shortly before, so I never really knew him or his posts, other than some older posts still lingering when I arrived. He must have met a woman and got a life. That's another reason we need a PF Matchmaking Service...we can't afford to have valuable members start having a life with people who don't respect the need to visit PF daily. :biggrin:

7. Jan 19, 2006 #6
    typo there: should be hourly

8. Jan 19, 2006 #7
    ooh, i never thought of that. i should clarify then. I think Trib is pathetic and sad, not Astronuc!

9. Jan 19, 2006 #8
    thank you. it's good to know you think about me

10. Jan 19, 2006 #9
    well of course i think about you. its sort of like when you drive past a car accident. Its sick and disturbing and you don't want to do it, and it makes you feel gross and depressed afterwards, but you can't help but do it.

11. Jan 19, 2006 #10

Evo

Heh, all of the above, love it. :rofl:

He had just moved to Florida for a great new job he'd gotten, went on a diet, started working out, looked great and got a girlfriend, then *poof* he was gone. :grumpy:

12. Jan 20, 2006 #11

Astronuc

I see that you are keeping Moonbear and Evo busy. I wish you had asked first :rolleyes:

Anyway, I suppose its the thought that counts, eh?

I would have recommended PF Engineers Appreciation Day!

Or one could have simply done a TGIF!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?