Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is frightening

1. Mar 13, 2010 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I can't imagine coming home to such a situation. The bank orders a company to destroy the homes of people that are foreclosed on?

continued...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat..._by_bank_of_america_in_foreclosure_mixup.html

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2010 #2
    I guess that's one way of delaying the bank foreclosing on your house----

keep putting your neighbor's address down on all of the dealings with bank doing the foreclosing...

4. Mar 13, 2010 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yikes! Even if it was the right house, what purpose does it serve to tear it apart? That just makes it harder to sell to someone else. And people keep saying it's the previous homeowners who tear up the place, out of spite...what if it has been the banks' henchmen doing it all along?! :eek:

In this case, where it was also the wrong house, I think they should be brought up on CRIMINAL charges for breaking and entering, robbery, theft, vandalism, animal abuse, and anything else they can think of to throw at them.

And I sure hope she's already refinanced with another lender!

5. Mar 13, 2010 #4
    What type of company does house foreclosures?

6. Mar 13, 2010 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No kidding!

7. Mar 13, 2010 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well whoever BofA contracted that job to is sure going to be in for it :rofl:

8. Mar 13, 2010 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Can you imagine coming home, your house ransacked, Ember missing and your home padlocked? Definitely criminal charges. And compensation for what this poor woman went through.

9. Mar 13, 2010 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmmmm, coming home and finding that the cats are all gone... thinking...thinking...maybe defaulting on a loan isn't such a bad idea!

10. Mar 13, 2010 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've had bad experiences with Bank of America...very poor customer service.

I'm glad she got her parrot back...but it took a week!

11. Mar 13, 2010 #10
    Hey, BoA henchmen need jobs too in this tough economy!

I'd pop a few caps if I found my home padlocked shut.

12. Mar 13, 2010 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Unbelievable! I guess these are the thugs:

Snyder Property Services
    http://www.snyderpropertyservices.com/ [Broken]

I don't see kidnapping and ransacking listed among their services.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  13. Mar 13, 2010 #12
    Count me amongst the people who doesn't understand the point of damaging a home that you're foreclosing on. It's certainly not acting in one's own best interest.

But. If I came home one day and the bank or someone associated with it had made off with my cat, it certainly would not take anything even close to a week for that cat to be back with me, and there'd be hell to pay way, way beyond an apology.

14. Mar 13, 2010 #13
    The banks wouldn't damage a home that they are foreclosing on. For the most part no one from the big banks has even seen the home.

Banks hire private companies to clean out and fix up most of the homes. Apparently this company does the damage also.:rolleyes: Then they get paid to repair it.

The economy has spurred a whole new service sector.

15. Mar 13, 2010 #14

Danger

Gold Member

With you and Georgina on that. There would be serious bloodshed.

16. Mar 13, 2010 #15
    Yes, but, you know? If someone took my little girl, they'd get hurt.

17. Mar 13, 2010 #16

Danger

Gold Member

Yes, I do know. I'm still waiting for the one identified person of the group who ransacked my house while I was living with W to return to town and be introduced to my pruning shears.

18. Mar 13, 2010 #17
    Really, edward? That's awfully close to a protection racket, isn't it?

19. Mar 13, 2010 #18
    Bank of America= Supreme badass

20. Mar 13, 2010 #19
    The big banks are far removed from the forclosure process. An individuals home is just another number on a computer screen.

Recontrust does a lot of foreclosures on BOA properties. Recontrust is now actually a subsidiary of BOA. It formerly was owned by Countrywide until Countrywide was bought by BOA. I still can't figure out why BOA would buy a million bad loans.

http://www.recontrust.com/ [Broken]

Click on the recontrust link, then click on a state, then a county if you wish.. The number of properties on the lists are just the forcloseures that will be auctioned in the next thirty days!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  21. Mar 14, 2010 #20

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I suspect the house was trashed in order to reduce the assessed value and thereby reducing the property taxes paid by the bank. IBM and other large companies have closed office buildings and facilities, and then removed utilities, e.g., water, electrical, etc, in order to reduce the value of the properties.

It's all about one's bottom line, not what is best for the overall economy and community.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook