Polls Close Soon: Quebec Election on Knife-Edge - Prayers Welcome

• News
  • Thread starter Treadstone 71
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, two hours before the polls close in Quebec, advanced polls are projecting a Conservative government. The outcome is surprising given the backlash against American conservatism. The speaker just returned from voting with similar views as the other person's views of the conservatives. Despite voting, the speaker believes that Harper winning means that everyone is in trouble. It is surprising how the government can be predicted accurately before all votes are in, and the speaker expresses frustration with the electoral system.
Treadstone 71
2 hours before the polls close in Quebec. Advanced polls project a Conservative government. May Allah/God/Jesus/Buddha/Erdos help us all.

Physics news on Phys.org
I just got back from voting. I have similar views of the liberals as you have of the conservatives...lol.

Isn't that outcome surprising considering the backlash against American conservatism?

Well, Harper won. We're all screwed.

I find it suprising how the government can be accurately predicted before votes from BC have even come in:mad:.
I voted! Doesn't that count for something??

Harper is conservative?

Yay! :)

NDP with 20% of votes gets 30 seats. BLOC with 5% of votes, gets 50. Something's wrong here. Time for the electoral reform,

1. What is the significance of the polls closing soon in the Quebec election?

The polls closing is significant because it marks the end of the voting period and the beginning of the vote counting process. It is also a crucial moment in determining the outcome of the election.

2. How close is the election according to current polls?

The election is on a knife-edge, meaning that the polls are showing a very tight race between the candidates. This makes it difficult to predict the outcome of the election.

3. What factors contribute to a close election?

There are several factors that can contribute to a close election, including a high turnout of voters, similar popularity of the candidates, and a divided electorate with competing ideologies.

4. How do prayers play a role in the election?

Prayers do not have a direct impact on the election, but they can provide comfort and support for those involved in the election process. They can also serve as a way for individuals to express their hopes and desires for the outcome of the election.

5. What happens after the polls close in a close election?

After the polls close, the votes are counted and the results are announced. If the election is too close to call, there may be a recount or a run-off election to determine the winner.