1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEEDED?

1. May 2, 2010 #1
    Do you know anyone that wanted to get into a Grad School into the United States so bad that they became U.S. Citizen and then apply?? And they actually got accepted??

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2010 #2
    Re: This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEED

I would venture it's harder to become a US citizen before entering grad school than to actually get admitted :)

4. May 2, 2010 #3
    Re: This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEED

I actually lol'd that might be true

5. May 2, 2010 #4

Unless you had an easy way to gain citizenship (like already married to someone who's a citizen), becoming a citizen is probably much harder than getting into grad school.

6. May 2, 2010 #5

Becoming a citizen is not hard. It takes years. For a marriage, about 3 years you can start applying for citizenship. My friend's sister just got married to her boyfriend. They have been together as lovers for like five years already, and she was a foreigner.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook