Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEEDED?

1. May 2, 2010 #1
    Do you know anyone that wanted to get into a Grad School into the United States so bad that they became U.S. Citizen and then apply?? And they actually got accepted??

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2010 #2
    Re: This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEED

I would venture it's harder to become a US citizen before entering grad school than to actually get admitted :)

4. May 2, 2010 #3
    Re: This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone actually done this and SUCCEED

I actually lol'd that might be true

5. May 2, 2010 #4

Unless you had an easy way to gain citizenship (like already married to someone who's a citizen), becoming a citizen is probably much harder than getting into grad school.

6. May 2, 2010 #5

Becoming a citizen is not hard. It takes years. For a marriage, about 3 years you can start applying for citizenship. My friend's sister just got married to her boyfriend. They have been together as lovers for like five years already, and she was a foreigner.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook