What Makes This Video So Freaking Cool?

• Thread starter MathJakob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary: Stargazer: an artist who creates paintings or sculptures that use an optical illusion.Portrait by Oleg Shuplyak: a painting of a person in which the features are invisible to the naked eye.A Boy and His Atom: the world's smallest movie, consisting of a single atom filmed with a high-resolution microscope.
Physics news on Phys.org
Reminds me of this. This should make this graph with the milk, shouldn't they?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 470
MathJakob said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhLfLOcRHlw&feature=player_detailpage#t=961

I linked the time already for you, feel free to watch the whole video though if you want.
This is not sufficient for starting a thread. What are you posting, and why? You need to explain to people why you are posting a link.

Evo said:
This is not sufficient for starting a thread. What are you posting, and why? You need to explain to people why you are posting a link.

He found the video "freaking cool". That's why I guess.

Evo said:

Isn't it obvious? This is general discussion, I posted a general thread about something which is cool.

fakecop said:
Reminds me of this. This should make this graph with the milk, shouldn't they?
If I try to paint fractal patterns, I always get lost in the details...

MathJakob said:
Isn't it obvious? This is general discussion, I posted a general thread about something which is cool.
No it is not "obvious", and it's against the rules. You should know better by now. The same rules apply to GD as everywhere else in the forum.

Thread Salvage Attempt :smile:-
Some things I like...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssrt_AB4cXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AiV12XBbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJAgrUBF4w&list=PLlL6ApNkd3W6YtuH1xo8hB90vGeCQnPrO&index=1

Enigman said:
Thread Salvage Attempt :smile:-
Some things I like...

lol I'm sure these are against the rules too, per the the wet blanket, but these are pretty neat.

Actually my first response too was "meh, So? What's the point..." but it seems like a good idea to turn (hijack :devil:) the thread into a general thread for cool interesting things because a thread for just one video doesn't make any sense...
o:)

Last edited:
Rick21383 said:
lol I'm sure these are against the rules too, per the the wet blanket, but these are pretty neat.
The wet blanket was responding to a complaint that there was no explanation, no clue what the thread was about.

Likes 1 person
Evo said:
The wet blanket...
Did it fall off the boat? You really should be a bit careful while cleaning, Milardy...
:tongue:

Evo said:
no clue what the thread was about.

I wasn't aware someone complained, in future I will try to be a little more clearer with descriptions. I quite like the idea of turning the thread into a "cool things" thread where people can post pictures and videos about things they think are cool and want to share with others.

We even have a random thoughts thread for people who just chat nonsense lol so my thread can't be that bad.

We have a thread already for videos and one for pictures.

Here's the one for pictures.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=106621&page=13

I don't mind a new thread for both though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laminar flow demonstrations have always been a favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p08_KlTKP50

Okay THIS IS FREAKING COOL!

If I decided to start a thread every time I find something cool I'd need a forum just for me

zero gravity- check.
disembodied head- check
Huge nose- check
ITS FREAKY COOL

Enigman said:
Okay THIS IS FREAKING COOL!

This isn't cool. My generation coined the term "Cool" It is absolutely freaking sensational. :approve:

1. What makes a video "freaking cool"?

The definition of what makes a video "freaking cool" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Generally, a video that is visually appealing, has a unique concept or story, and engages the audience in some way can be considered "freaking cool."

2. Are there specific elements or techniques that make a video cool?

There are many elements and techniques that can contribute to making a video cool. These can include creative editing, special effects, unique camera angles, and a well-crafted soundtrack. However, what makes a video cool ultimately depends on the individual's personal taste.

3. Can a video be cool without a big budget?

Yes, a video can be cool without a big budget. While a bigger budget may allow for more sophisticated equipment and production value, creativity and a well-executed concept can make a video cool regardless of budget constraints.

4. Is it important for a video to have a message or meaning to be considered cool?

Not necessarily. A video can be cool purely for entertainment purposes without having a deeper message or meaning. However, a video with a powerful message or thought-provoking concept can also be considered cool for its ability to evoke emotion and make the viewer think.

5. How can I make my own videos cool?

To make your own videos cool, focus on creating a unique concept, using creative techniques, and engaging your audience in some way. Be open to experimentation and don't be afraid to take risks. Also, continuously seek inspiration and learn from other cool videos to improve your own techniques and style.