This Is Your Life

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation discusses the choice of soundtrack for a hypothetical movie about someone's life. Suggestions range from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack to classical music and rock songs like "The God That Failed" and "I Stand Alone." One participant even suggests using Steve Urkel's laugh set to techno music. Ultimately, it is decided that Pink Floyd's "Time" and "Dark Side of the Moon" would be fitting choices for a movie soundtrack.
eNtRopY
[SOLVED] This Is Your Life

Let's say someone were to make a movie about the fascinating life and times of YOU! If you got to choose the soundtrack for such a movie, what would it be?

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
"Take this job and shove it! I ain't workin' here no more!"

anything from Cowboy Bebop

Probably the Matrix :wink:

Originally posted by spacemanspiff
anything from Cowboy Bebop

YES! brilliant! word! respect! and other such marks of approving exclamation. what a damn fine soundrack, to the movie as well as the series.

i would chose lots of classical stuff and tori amos

just a loop of Steve erkel's laugh set to techno music because i am that messed up

It would definitely include Metallica's "The god That Failed".

Godsmack's "I Stand Alone" seems to be fitting. It's basically about standing up and fighting, not giving up, even when everyone has abandoned you. At least, that's how I interpret it.

It would also have to have some classical music that would give a mad scientist effect. And every other scene with have to end with the Final Fantasy VII victory fanfare. I really need to get a portable music player that I can just play that clip on every time something cool happens...

Just put Dark Side of the Moon on auto-repeat.

Carmina Burana

Njorl

Time by Pink Floyd

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

What is "This Is Your Life"?

"This Is Your Life" is a television program that originated in the United Kingdom in 1952. It is a biographical show that features a surprise guest of honor, whose life is celebrated and shared with the audience through interviews, reenactments, and personal photos and videos.

Who created "This Is Your Life"?

The show was created by Ralph Edwards, an American radio and television host, producer, and writer. He came up with the idea while working on a radio show in the 1940s, and it was later adapted for television.

Who has been featured on "This Is Your Life"?

Over the years, many notable figures from various fields have been featured on the show, including actors, musicians, athletes, politicians, and more. Some well-known guests include Walt Disney, Muhammad Ali, Mother Teresa, and Bill Gates.

Is "This Is Your Life" still airing?

The original version of the show ended in the 1960s, but it has since been revived in different countries and formats. As of 2021, there are still versions of the show airing in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.

Has "This Is Your Life" faced any controversies?

Yes, there have been some controversies surrounding the show, particularly in regards to the element of surprise and the invasion of privacy for the guest of honor. Some guests have also criticized the show for its heavy focus on emotional manipulation and dramatization. However, the show remains popular and has had a significant impact on the genre of biographical television programs.