Chance to Ask Out Girl At Work - Wish Me Luck!

• Thread starter Chrono
  • Start date
In summary: Shot glass chess is the way to go. Shot glass chess. Warning : Do not play with hard liquor, use something that won't kill you after 16 shots (number of pieces on one side of a chess board). 40 proof and under would be...ok.In summary, Franz is coming over next Friday to play shot glass chess.
Chrono
There's this girl at work that I like and ever since she started she's had a boyfriend. Well, I kind of told myself that if they ever broke up then I'll be sure to ask her out.

Tonight at work I just found out that they did (two months ago, in fact). I tried to call her when I got off but the line was busy. We work together tomorrow so I intend to ask her then. Wish me luck!

I'll be sure to let y'all know what happens. Hopefully, it won't be bad news like it's been before.

Physics news on Phys.org
Chrono said:
There's this girl at work that I like and ever since she started she's had a boyfriend. Well, I kind of told myself that if they ever broke up then I'll be sure to ask her out.

Tonight at work I just found out that they did (two months ago, in fact). I tried to call her when I got off but the line was busy. We work together tomorrow so I intend to ask her then. Wish me luck!

I'll be sure to let y'all know what happens. Hopefully, it won't be bad news like it's been before.
Good luck Chrono! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

That's awesome, Chrono. How long have you known this young lady? How are you going to ask her?

Math Is Hard said:
That's awesome, Chrono. How long have you known this young lady? How are you going to ask her?

I've known her for about six months, I would guess.

Pretty much, I plan on asking her straight forwardly. "I heard that you broke up with your boyfriend. If you would like, I'd like to take you out sometime."

Chrono said:
I've known her for about six months, I would guess.

Pretty much, I plan on asking her straight forwardly. "I heard that you broke up with your boyfriend. If you would like, I'd like to take you out sometime."

I wouldn't suggest mentioning the boyfriend. Just ask her out.

Yeah, franz is making sense...guess all the booze has finally worn off.

yeah, franz is right --

ix-nay on the oyfriend-bay.

I don't like the 'sometime' part either. Work up a little chit-chat, find out what movies wants to see, and when you hit on one she wants to go see, ask her if she wants to go see it with you next weekend.

Let's get this going already! :approve:

Gokul43201 said:
Yeah, franz is making sense...guess all the booze has finally worn off.

Yeah the hangover was not fun this morning. Last night was interesting. Two whole pizzas and an entire bottle of rum. Fun times. I haven't been hungry all day incidently. Well, i haven't been moving for most of it either.

what were you doing last night, franz?

Math Is Hard said:
what were you doing last night, franz?

Partying, what else? It was friday night, what else would i do?

Rum & pizza?

You should have been drinking grappa, it'll put hair on your chest! :tongue2:

I drank grappa for new year's...with a large dash of lime. Still tasted vile as ever ! :yuck:

Grappa?! Bleck! :yuck: Rum's better, but not a whole bottle and not straight!

Good luck Chrono. And, yeah, I can't believe I'm going to tell you to take Franz's advice...don't mention the previous boyfriend or break-up. And definitely listen to MIH! Find out a movie she wants to see and specifically ask her to see that one with you. "Sometime" is too wishy washy. Otherwise, the timing sounds good. She's had two months to get over the other guy, so you won't just be a rebound boyfriend, and not so long that she's likely to be seeing someone else already. Hope all goes well! :smile:

First you have to know why she broke with her boyfriend,(people must know in your office),she might be some kind of psycho or real pain in the ass and what then? you going to have to face her everyday in the office and she might make big trouble for you(fictional rape etc).Listen to uncle Tumor,I'm fountain of knowledge.

franz, I am coming over next Friday. We'll play quarters! I'll bring the Oozo! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
. And, yeah, I can't believe I'm going to tell you to take Franz's advice...

What is that supposed to mean?

Moonbear said:
Rum's better, but not a whole bottle and not straight!

There were actually two of us drinking the bottle, and straight is the only way.

Grappa?

Math is Hard said:
franz, I am coming over next Friday. We'll play quarters! I'll bring the Oozo!

Shot glass chess is the way to go. Shot glass chess. Warning : Do not play with hard liquor, use something that won't kill you after 16 shots (number of pieces on one side of a chess board). 40 proof and under would be wise.

Chrono,
I just want to know what opening and closing lines you use.

Good luck !

It seems all of your good lucks was said to no avail. Sorry, guys. :frown:

Last edited:
Chrono said:
It seems all of your good lucks was said to no avail. Sorry, guys.
Man, I am sorry. Do you know what went wrong?

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Man, I am sorry. Do you know what went wrong?

Sure. She can't seem to get it that they aren't for each other.

Chrono said:

So that means 2 months were not enough...I don' know,leave'er some more time or find someone else...

Daniel.

Chrono said:

Stupid, pampered *****.Keep away from her!

Chrono said:
It seems all of your good lucks was said to no avail. Sorry, guys. :frown:

Aww.. I am sorry, honeybunch! That sucks! :frown:

Is there someone else you have your eye on, maybe? Where are you meeting girls? Just work and school - or anywhere else?

Chrono said:
She can't seem to get it that they aren't for each other.
She's going to find out the hard way then, and miss the opportunity to go out with you. Her loss!

Math Is Hard said:
Is there someone else you have your eye on, maybe? Where are you meeting girls? Just work and school - or anywhere else?

Just work and school. Albeit, I have been going out a bit more. She's still getting her card, though.

It looks like I'm 0 for 3. Not that I'm keeping count, but that does suck. I had high hopes for this one. Oh, well. They'll break up again some time in the pretty near future.

Chrono said:
Just work and school. Albeit, I have been going out a bit more. She's still getting her card, though.

It looks like I'm 0 for 3. Not that I'm keeping count, but that does suck. I had high hopes for this one. Oh, well. They'll break up again some time in the pretty near future.

Sorry to hear about that. She's not worth it though if she's carrying that kind of baggage, even if she had said yes it would only cause problems (this is from experience).

franznietzsche said:
Sorry to hear about that. She's not worth it though if she's carrying that kind of baggage, even if she had said yes it would only cause problems (this is from experience).

True.

Not a wise choice to continue on with her.

Look at the bright side, a girl I wanted asked me out and I said no. Then I asked her out, then she said no. Now, I don't know what's going on, but I still want her.

We have a month left to go! Feb. 14!

I might be going on a ski trip for Feb. 12-14, so that's a downer. The plus side is she might be coming, and if not, I'll go with her another time for sure. I'll make her go. :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
True.

Not a wise choice to continue on with her.

Look at the bright side, a girl I wanted asked me out and I said no. Then I asked her out, then she said no. Now, I don't know what's going on, but I still want her.

I might be going on a ski trip for Feb. 12-14, so that's a downer. The plus side is she might be coming, and if not, I'll go with her another time for sure. I'll make her go. :biggrin:

You wanted her, and you said no?

^
|
|
|
|
Official Stupidhead

I said no by accident. I actually said no to the plans of the date. Also, at the time I didn't know anything about her or even her age!

Yes, I want her. Yes, I'm stupid.

JasonRox said:

Perhaps we should extend it?

Chrono said:
Perhaps we should extend it?

Why?

31 days should be enough... I hope.

Don't be too focused on really liking a girl. If she seems interested, go for it. It isn't necessary that you know her for a long time.

I plan on asking anyone if all goes bad. Just to try because you never know.

JasonRox said:
I plan on asking anyone if all goes bad. Just to try because you never know.

With her I just wanted to ask. I'm pretty confident that if I could only ask that she'd agree to go out with me.

JasonRox said:
I said no by accident. I actually said no to the plans of the date. Also, at the time I didn't know anything about her or even her age!

Yes, I want her. Yes, I'm stupid.

Are you sure she isn't just making you sweat? The ladies, they don't take well to being turned down flat. Give it a second shot, and put some egg on your face when you do.

DaveC426913 said:
Are you sure she isn't just making you sweat? The ladies, they don't take well to being turned down flat. Give it a second shot, and put some egg on your face when you do.

Of course I'll ask again, but if I get shot down again. :mad:

...well being a nice guy (really I am) I wouldn't do anything.

Note: I come off rude sometimes because it's hard to describe thought online. Being one of those who don't spend hours online, I haven't developped that skill. One day I will.

1. What are the potential risks of asking out a coworker?

Asking out a coworker can potentially create tension or awkwardness in the workplace, and if the relationship does not work out, it could lead to a hostile work environment. Additionally, there may be company policies against dating coworkers that could result in disciplinary action.

2. How can I gauge if my coworker is interested in me?

Pay attention to nonverbal cues such as body language and eye contact. If your coworker seems interested in spending time with you outside of work or makes an effort to talk to you, these may be signs of interest. However, it is important to remember that these cues may not always be accurate, so proceed with caution.

3. Should I ask my coworker out in person or through a text or email?

It is generally best to ask someone out in person, as it shows more sincerity and confidence. However, if you are too nervous to do so or if you do not see your coworker in person often, sending a polite and respectful text or email may be appropriate.

4. How can I minimize the potential impact on my work if my coworker says no?

Be prepared for the possibility of rejection and try to maintain a professional and friendly attitude towards your coworker. It may also be helpful to have a plan in place to minimize interactions with them if needed. Remember to prioritize your work and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace.

5. Is it appropriate to ask out a coworker if we work in different departments or have different job roles?

It may be more appropriate to ask out a coworker who works in a different department or has a different job role, as there may be less potential for conflicts of interest. However, it is still important to consider the potential risks and consequences before making a decision.