Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This May Be My Chance

1. Jan 8, 2005 #1
    There's this girl at work that I like and ever since she started she's had a boyfriend. Well, I kind of told myself that if they ever broke up then I'll be sure to ask her out.

Tonight at work I just found out that they did (two months ago, in fact). I tried to call her when I got off but the line was busy. We work together tomorrow so I intend to ask her then. Wish me luck!!

I'll be sure to let y'all know what happens. Hopefully, it won't be bad news like it's been before.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Good luck Chrono!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

4. Jan 8, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's awesome, Chrono. How long have you known this young lady? How are you going to ask her?

5. Jan 8, 2005 #4
    I've known her for about six months, I would guess.

Pretty much, I plan on asking her straight forwardly. "I heard that you broke up with your boyfriend. If you would like, I'd like to take you out sometime."

6. Jan 8, 2005 #5
    I wouldn't suggest mentioning the boyfriend. Just ask her out.

7. Jan 8, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, franz is making sense...guess all the booze has finally worn off.

8. Jan 8, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

yeah, franz is right --

ix-nay on the oyfriend-bay.

I don't like the 'sometime' part either. Work up a little chit-chat, find out what movies wants to see, and when you hit on one she wants to go see, ask her if she wants to go see it with you next weekend.

Let's get this going already! :approve:

9. Jan 8, 2005 #8

Yeah the hangover was not fun this morning. Last night was interesting. Two whole pizzas and an entire bottle of rum. Fun times. I haven't been hungry all day incidently. Well, i haven't been moving for most of it either.

10. Jan 8, 2005 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

what were you doing last night, franz?

11. Jan 8, 2005 #10

Partying, what else? It was friday night, what else would i do?

12. Jan 9, 2005 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Rum & pizza?

You should have been drinking grappa, it'll put hair on your chest! :tongue2:

13. Jan 9, 2005 #12

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I drank grappa for new year's...with a large dash of lime. Still tasted vile as ever ! :yuck:

14. Jan 9, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Grappa?! Bleck! :yuck: Rum's better, but not a whole bottle and not straight!

Good luck Chrono. And, yeah, I can't believe I'm going to tell you to take Franz's advice...don't mention the previous boyfriend or break-up. And definitely listen to MIH! Find out a movie she wants to see and specifically ask her to see that one with you. "Sometime" is too wishy washy. Otherwise, the timing sounds good. She's had two months to get over the other guy, so you won't just be a rebound boyfriend, and not so long that she's likely to be seeing someone else already. Hope all goes well! :smile:

15. Jan 9, 2005 #14
    First you have to know why she broke with her boyfriend,(people must know in your office),she might be some kind of psycho or real pain in the ass and what then? you gonna have to face her everyday in the office and she might make big trouble for you(fictional rape etc).Listen to uncle Tumor,I'm fountain of knowledge.

16. Jan 9, 2005 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

franz, I am coming over next Friday. We'll play quarters!! I'll bring the Oozo! :biggrin:

17. Jan 9, 2005 #16

What is that supposed to mean?

There were actually two of us drinking the bottle, and straight is the only way.

Grappa?

Shot glass chess is the way to go. Shot glass chess. Warning : Do not play with hard liquor, use something that won't kill you after 16 shots (number of pieces on one side of a chess board). 40 proof and under would be wise.

18. Jan 9, 2005 #17
    Chrono,
    I just want to know what opening and closing lines you use.

Good luck !

19. Jan 9, 2005 #18
    It seems all of your good lucks was said to no avail. Sorry, guys. :frown:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  20. Jan 9, 2005 #19
    Man, I am sorry. Do you know what went wrong???

The Bob (2004 ©)

21. Jan 9, 2005 #20
    Sure. She can't seem to get it that they aren't for each other.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?