Who is Abigail leaving a surprise for before her trip to Sudan?

• Thread starter whozum
  • Start date
In summary, Gale receives a gift from her friends, whozum and Abby. The gift is a small token of appreciation for her friendship and company.
Hey, Gale, glad you like it! Whozum did a great job pulling this off!

Whozum, Thanks and have a safe trip man!

We'll keep the porch light on and the door unlocked.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks everyone. Take care of yourselves.

Gale17 said:
erm... wow...

...whozum... i... gah... umm... wow... i...

holy cow... i er...

ya... I've spent like 20 minutes on this post already... whozum, i love you so dearly. I'm going to miss you so much. i can't believe you... i uh... arg... i can't believe you did this! you're so... i'm... you... god, I'm going to miss you.

i'm really really going to miss you.

and arg... i can't believe you did this! i hate you!

*sigh*

oh, heh, thanks everyone too... i can't believe whozum did this... it wasn't my idea i swear! but thanks... really...

oh god I'm going to miss him!

Wow! I never thought we'd see the day that Gale was speechless! :biggrin: It sure makes it all worthwhile! I bet this will have the both of you grinning ear to ear thinking about it until whozum can return. Don't worry, we all know it was whozum's idea, and he really did put a LOT of effort into making this happen, and many thanks to Greg for rigging up a secret room for us to work in prior to the unveiling!

heh, well ok, I'm a bit more composed now...

so, for anyone without a clue what's going on.. i'll try to explain.

whozum and i have become very good... er... friends. we talk a lot, and then he told me he was going to sudan for a month, this month, and i was very sad. he knew i was going to miss him, so, like the incredibly sweet, crazy guy he is... he decided to do this... and publically humilate me as well as make me feel less lonely while he's away...

he pmed greg and told him he wanted to make a secret thread for me, so that i'd know i had friends, and i wouldn't be too lonely while he was away. greg made some secret forum for it. whozum then started asking me about all my chums on pf, and then proceeded to pm them and ask them to write nice little things for me. now, if you didn't get a pm, I'm sorry... i didn't know what he was doing at all... he just started asking me and i was like... i dunno... and ya, so really really sorry if you were left out...

anyway, so he does this all on saturday i guess, and throughout the week. meanwhile, I'm pretty oblivious, even though he's asking me about weird stuff... (who do you talk to on pf?... how many pm's are in your box?... remember this? (the petals around the rose thread that TheBob posted)) and then even cronxeh with his stupid "something's cooking" thing... which by the way, whozum thought it'd be really funny to say that to me the next day... so i was throughoughly confused... but still clueless...

so ya, i finally saw it last night, and i was like... retardedly smiling for hours... i don't know why he even went through so much trouble... he's the one going away, i should've done something sweet for him! (arg, stupid Gale stupid!)

anyways, thanks everyone for putting up with his stupid little thoughtful nice terrible surprise thread thing... it really was the nicest thing ever. I'm pretty sure i don't even deserve it, but that doesn't mean that I've smiled any less about it... heh...

hosam,
unfortunately, when you get back, i'll be a residence counselor at a girl scout camp, (woot, I'm excited!) so i won't be able to talk to you for two more weeks... but i love you, and i hope you have great time. and i'll miss you sooo much. you've been such a good friend, I'm just so lucky. thank god i skipped so much physics class and i needed help studying that night- oh so long ago.. heh... i love you, please return home safely. i miss you already!

[edit:] i also just wanted to point out that my dear friend, STILL managed to spell my name wrong... its abigale... gale... like my username... heh... good job buddy! (he already knows, but i thought i'd rub it in!)

he pmed greg and told him he wanted to make a secret thread for me, so that i'd know i had friends, and i wouldn't be too lonely while he was away. greg made some secret forum for it. whozum then started asking me about all my chums on pf, and then proceeded to pm them and ask them to write nice little things for me. now, if you didn't get a pm, I'm sorry... i didn't know what he was doing at all... he just started asking me and i was like... i dunno... and ya, so really really sorry if you were left out...

That Greg is a big old sofftie, the thing about nice little things is that they
are nice little things, and deserve nice things.

Wow going to summer camp! Wish it were me. I loved doing that, even now, some many years later, people come up to me and say..."weren't you my camp counselor?"
As much as you love children, I bet you have a great time.

so to say something other than... "wow,"

moonbear said:
Gale, you've got yourself quite a friend in whozum!
THE BEST!
(I'll keep working on convincing him that internet romance is a good thing so one day you can run away to the Sudan with him! )
we've been laughing about that heh... you're like, the awesome interferring aunt you know that? and i mean that in the best possible way! thank you for everything moonbear...

oh, and cronxeh, you're such a brat teasing me like that... seriously... a brat.

motai: you know i love you and always will. you're a great guy, and I'm sooo very glad that I've been a help to you.

MIH- in my book, you're totally like the cool older sister that killed off my other, less than cool older sister, and like, puts stuff on her head with me. and sides, your avatar doesn't look a day beyond 20... we can still start a helluva rock band.

my dear jimbo, so then, who're the two americans you like better than me eh? heh... and a lovely poem as well... thank you.

oh, astronuc, seriously, thank you so much for your offers and kindness. you're a very cool guy. I've said thanks before, but i'll say it again. er, well i did just say it again... but ya.

and i say it a ton, but i love zooby, he's my favorite. and when whozum was asking me about people from pf, i was like "blah blah, zooby is soo cool blah blah zooby zoob zoob" heh, so i was glad you posted for me... hah... so was whozum for that matter heh. thanks.

and evo, if moonbear is the really cool aunt... then um... you're... the really cool other aunt... or something... i dunno. i really admire you a lot. thanks

and ya... thanks for the reposts of pillowhead... heh... I'm a dork. thanks for reminding me.

so ya, everyone else who said nice stuff, thanks again. really. you're all awesome. i love Pf.

oh, and thanks greg. you're a pretty awesome guy too. i can't believe the trouble this was... and everyone sucks for keeping this a big secret from me... like really... sucks... i hate you... but you guys are all awesome. thanks.

Gale17 said:
my dear jimbo, so then, who're the two americans you like better than me eh? heh... and a lovely poem as well... thank you.

Ben Folds, and, urrm, well he's good enough to warrant first and second places. I'd feel guilty but I've just seen that you said zooby is your favourite, so I'm considering demoting you to 4th. We'll see.

Way to go telling everyone my real name, anyway! :smile:

brewnog said:
Ben Folds, and, urrm, well he's good enough to warrant first and second places. I'd feel guilty but I've just seen that you said zooby is your favourite, so I'm considering demoting you to 4th. We'll see.

Way to go telling everyone my real name, anyway! :smile:

hehehehe... i love you toooooo! you know that! zooby is a zooby... you're a person, its like appkles and oranges. tell you what, zooby can be my favorite, and you can be my favourite, eh eh?

Gale17 said:
tell you what, zooby can be my favorite, and you can be my favourite, eh eh?

Yeah okay, deal!

Ben Folds is still my favourite American, but perhaps you can be my favourite new English person.

(See what I've done there? Given you both the honour of being favourite, and un-capitalising 'new' so that it looks like you're English too!)

Gale17 said:
so ya, i finally saw it last night, and i was like... retardedly smiling for hours...
Careful, all that smiling is contagious!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

brewnog said:
I'd feel guilty but I've just seen that you said zooby is your favourite, so I'm considering demoting you to 4th.
I got me a new signature!

Rage!
Rubbing salt into the wounds, it's just not cricket! :mad:

brewnog said:
Rage!
Rubbing salt into the wounds, it's just not cricket! :mad:
You were trying to steal my appkleness! Be content with your citrus status. (Personally I think you're lucky she chose the orange for you, instead of some green citrus or another.)

I suppose you're right, I do prefer being an orange, and don't envy your bitter green (or perhaps red, who knows?) appley skin one bit.

brewnog said:
I suppose you're right, I do prefer being an orange, and don't envy your bitter green (or perhaps red, who knows?) appley skin one bit.
And you were grumbing about demoting her! "Mutiny, Mr. Brewnog?" I think Cap'n Pillowhead should prod you off the plank.

Well I'm certainly up for a spot of swashbuckling.

Hand me my cutlass, swab the rigging, and splice the maindeck!

Since when was Pillowhead made Cap'n anyway, last I knew she was first mate, and I haven't heard of a mutiny since!

hahaha, and now everyone can plainly see why you two top my favorite and favourite lists!

and who other than me would be cap'n brewny?

damn i spelled apple wrong...

But moonbear apparently knows exactly what i looked like last night.

Ack, this went live before I could figure out anything to say. :frown:

Awwwww... I didn't see your reaction until just now. :approve:

I miss him... feel so lonely tonight...

Aww...we're still around to entertain you. :smile:

Gale17 said:
so to say something other than... "wow,"

THE BEST!

we've been laughing about that heh... you're like, the awesome interferring aunt you know that? and i mean that in the best possible way! thank you for everything moonbear...

oh, and cronxeh, you're such a brat teasing me like that... seriously... a brat.

motai: you know i love you and always will. you're a great guy, and I'm sooo very glad that I've been a help to you.

MIH- in my book, you're totally like the cool older sister that killed off my other, less than cool older sister, and like, puts stuff on her head with me. and sides, your avatar doesn't look a day beyond 20... we can still start a helluva rock band.

oh, astronuc, seriously, thank you so much for your offers and kindness. you're a very cool guy. I've said thanks before, but i'll say it again. er, well i did just say it again... but ya.

and i say it a ton, but i love zooby, he's my favorite. and when whozum was asking me about people from pf, i was like "blah blah, zooby is soo cool blah blah zooby zoob zoob" heh, so i was glad you posted for me... hah... so was whozum for that matter heh. thanks.

and evo, if moonbear is the really cool aunt... then um... you're... the really cool other aunt... or something... i dunno. i really admire you a lot. thanks

and ya... thanks for the reposts of pillowhead... heh... I'm a dork. thanks for reminding me.

so ya, everyone else who said nice stuff, thanks again. really. you're all awesome. i love Pf.

oh, and thanks greg. you're a pretty awesome guy too. i can't believe the trouble this was... and everyone sucks for keeping this a big secret from me... like really... sucks... i hate you... but you guys are all awesome. thanks.
whozum really frightened me because at first I thought there were another problem with 1 of my posts :uhh: and I said sth which offended someone :cry: then I read his PM's first paragraph and I thought

we were going to have a ceremony here:biggrin: or perhaps 2 members of here are dating ! :rofl:

Lisa! said:
we were going to have a ceremony here:biggrin: or perhaps 2 members of here are dating ! :rofl:
When he sent me the PM, that's the first thing that came to mind too. I'm still working on meddling to make that happen. I mean, doesn't whozum seem like a dream guy for Gale? And doesn't Gale seem like a dream gal for whozum? Right? And now they'll realize how much they miss each other and can't live without each other and all that, right? :biggrin: Gale, listen to your Auntie Moonbear. :approve:

Moonbear said:
When he sent me the PM, that's the first thing that came to mind too. I'm still working on meddling to make that happen. I mean, doesn't whozum seem like a dream guy for Gale? And doesn't Gale seem like a dream gal for whozum? Right? And now they'll realize how much they miss each other and can't live without each other and all that, right? :biggrin: Gale, listen to your Auntie Moonbear. :approve:
Yes,agree with you.I always felt bad about romance :wink: or getting a date through internet but honestly I think it could be even better.in face to face conversations, we're usually imperresed by people's appearances esp. men.it's difficult to realize if a man admire your personality or your appearance!but it's not the same through web because photos couldn't have this strong effect.Gale have lots of lovers around here :wink: but I think whozum is the best choice because he proves his love ad interest. :smile: (I've to run and escape from here because Gale's lovers will kill me... :biggrin: )

Gale17 said:
I miss him... feel so lonely tonight...
aw sweetie. *holds you tight*

moonbear:
Theres better out there for her, I just want her to see that. Shes a wonderful girl.

Lisa!:
Sorry for the confusion, thanks for participating though!

Everyone else:
Thanks! We got her good. Take care of my baby.

whozum said:
aw sweetie. *holds you tight*
See, sweet and caring...

Theres better out there for her, I just want her to see that. Shes a wonderful girl.
and humble...

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for participating though!
with a good sense of humor...

Thanks! We got her good. Take care of my baby.
and knows his manners.

Sounds like a good catch to me, Gale! :smile: :biggrin: :wink: [/meddling auntness]