Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This ones way out in left field guys - AI evolution

1. Feb 27, 2004 #1

Ok here goes, I was thinking about how to improve artificial intelligence capabilities, and I was in biology and for some reason we were taking about neuron and cell capabilities to replicate DNA in mitosis. And then it hit me, if you could create a small self-contained application that would have to knowledge equivalent to a cells nucleus. And as a such of a nucleus, and the required enzymes it would be able to interpret the nucleotide codes ATGC so that you could interpret different "personalities". And you would be able to enter a sequence of codes that would equal that of a humans. Of course you would have to have extensive knowledge of a cell nucleus and you would need to create a language specialized for this, but do you think it would be possible????
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you're essentially describing "genetic algorithms," which are a large and already well-explored class of evolutionary algorithms.

Look on google, you'll find quite a few links...

- Warren
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?