Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously

In summary, this conversation includes a variety of humorous thoughts and jokes, including a list of favorite sayings and a funny picture. The conversation also includes a stress management technique involving picturing oneself in a peaceful setting, but with a humorous twist. The participants also discuss an electric bra malfunction and the need for cooling units in bras during the summer.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Thoughts For Those Who Take Life Too Seriously

My favorites are:
12.The early bird may get the worm,but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.(I can't stand being number 2 :devil: )
14.Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.
28.When everything is coming your way,you're in the wrong lane.
33.I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out!
37.Just remember -if the world didn't suck,we would all fall off.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, Lisa!;
I don't have time to look at it before I go to work, but I will for sure later. In the meantime, just in case anyone thinks that I take anything seriously, I figure I'd better fire another '5th Dementia' panel at you.

http://img59.echo.cx/img59/1162/pogocrutches5yt.jpg

:rofl: Danger, those look like fun! Though, what's up with that nurse? It looks like a guy wearing a wig and dress. :rofl:

Well, that was bright! I got half-way down the street and remembered that they changed shifts on me. I don't have to work for another 3 hours.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Danger, those look like fun!
I'll build a pair for yomamma to use after you get through with him.

Moonbear said:
Though, what's up with that nurse? It looks like a guy wearing a wig and dress. :rofl:
We have a lot of German health-care workers around here.

oboy... that's going to get me a tonne of grief...

Last edited:
Danger said:
Thanks, Lisa!;
I don't have time to look at it before I go to work, but I will for sure later. In the meantime, just in case anyone thinks that I take anything seriously, I figure I'd better fire another '5th Dementia' panel at you.

Surely those come with "gown retention straps" to avoid any unnecessary exposure situations.

DocToxyn said:
Surely those come with "gown retention straps"
Only the deluxe model. The one pictured requires you to duct-tape tire weights to the hem.

Danger said:
Thanks, Lisa!;
You're welcome! :blushing:
anyone thinks that I take anything seriously

Really?

In the meantime, just in case anyone thinks that I take anything seriously, I figure I'd better fire another '5th Dementia' panel at you.
:rofl: could you please explain more about the relation btw other people's ideas about you and firing this at me?
u don't think I'm 1 of those who think you take anything seriously,do u?

Danger said:
Only the deluxe model. The one pictured requires you to duct-tape tire weights to the hem.
:rofl: Right, I'll try that after you fix that electric bra malfunction. :rolleyes:

Lisa! said:
u don't think I'm 1 of those who think you take anything seriously,do u?
That was just a generic address to anyone looking at the post. I usually try to tie one of those things to a topic under discussion, but that wasn't likely to happen with this one so I just stuck it in where humour (or my version of it) was appropriate.

Something a friend of mine sent me...

Just in case you've had a rough day, here is an 8-step stress management technique recommended in the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is that it really works!

1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
3. No one but you knows your secret place.
4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the world".
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.

See! You're smiling already ---

SOS2008 said:
:rofl: Right, I'll try that after you fix that electric bra malfunction. :rolleyes:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that was not a malfunction! She got it wet! :grumpy:

Bras should be able to get wet and not malfunction! :tongue:

TheStatutoryApe said:
It was just supposed to keep her tata's toasty in winter. Who knew that she'd use the bloody thing as a bikini top and go mud-wrestling in it?

TheStatutoryApe said:

Just in case you've had a rough day, here is an 8-step stress management technique recommended in the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is that it really works!

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

:rofl: :rofl: I'm forwarding that to friends! :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Yeah, he didn't put a cooling unit in mine either. Now that it's summertime, I had to just take it off to keep from overheating. :tongue2:

TheStatutoryApe said:

:cry: :cry: Why is it just an imaginary picture?why isn't real?I want to be besid streams... :cry: :cry: I love birds :cry: :cry:

Danger said:
I'll build a pair for yomamma to use after you get through with him.
can I have a cup-holder built in? maybe a longer spring for extra lift?

yomamma said:
can I have a cup-holder built in? maybe a longer spring for extra lift?
It'll cost extra, but okay. You might want to think twice about the cup-holder, though. It's not as smooth a ride as most cars.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, he didn't put a cooling unit in mine either. Now that it's summertime, I had to just take it off to keep from overheating. :tongue2:
Danger! If anything I would think that you would be all over making bras with cooling units in them.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Danger! If anything I would think that you would be all over making bras with cooling units in them.
I can do that, no problem. If you care to check back to the original posts, though, you'll see that this one was purpose-built to eliminate that effect.

Danger said:
It'll cost extra, but okay. You might want to think twice about the cup-holder, though. It's not as smooth a ride as most cars.
allright...no cup holder.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Bras already have cooling units in them- they're called hooks. :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
Bras already have cooling units in them- they're called hooks. :tongue2:
I've always viewed that as more of an escape mechanism than a cooling unit.

Danger said:
I've always viewed that as more of an escape mechanism than a cooling unit.
Sometimes you just have to let them breathe fresh air. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Sometimes you just have to let them breathe fresh air. :biggrin:
That's kind of selfish. With lungs like yours around, the rest of us would go into hypoxia.

Danger said:
I can do that, no problem. If you care to check back to the original posts, though, you'll see that this one was purpose-built to eliminate that effect.
:eek: Traitor!

TheStatutoryApe said:
:eek: Traitor!
I'm sorry... It was supposed to just be for work, so she'd quit knocking over the test-tube racks. :grumpy:

TheStatutoryApe said:

:biggrin: Yeah, number 7 works for me. :tongue2:

Danger said:
I'm sorry... It was supposed to just be for work, so she'd quit knocking over the test-tube racks. :grumpy:
Now I'm confused. Are we talking about a cup holder?

SOS2008 said:
Are we talking about a cup holder?
No, the heated bra. :bugeye:

Evo said:
:biggrin: Yeah, number 7 works for me. :tongue2:
it's my face isn't it?

Danger said:
No, the heated bra. :bugeye:
A cup holder that can be heated or cooled, now that would be great. No, not that kind of cup! :blushing:
yomamma said:
it's my face isn't it?
Boy that sure reminds me of franzbear. Franzbear! yomamma is franzbear reincarnated!

yomamma said:
it's my face isn't it?
No, it's someone I work with. :devil:

Evo said:
No, it's someone I work with :devil:
really?! I didn't excpect that :eek:

1. What is the main message of "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously"?

The main message of "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" is to remind people to not take life too seriously and to find joy and humor in everyday situations.

2. Who is the target audience for "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously"?

The target audience for "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" is anyone who tends to overthink and stress about life, but it can also be enjoyed by anyone looking for a lighthearted read.

3. Are there any scientific studies or research backing up the ideas presented in "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously"?

No, "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" is not based on any scientific research. It is a collection of humorous thoughts and reflections from the author's personal experiences.

4. Is "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" meant to be taken seriously?

No, the title of the book may be misleading, but "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" is meant to be a light and humorous read. It is not meant to be taken too seriously or as a self-help book.

5. How can "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" benefit readers?

Reading "Thoughts For Those Who Take Life So Seriously" can help readers to take a step back and not take life too seriously. It can also provide a sense of relatability and laughter in everyday situations, helping to reduce stress and improve overall well-being.