Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thoughts on dark matter

1. Jun 21, 2009 #1
    Can someone explain to me if there is any evidence besides the spreading of cosmological objects behind dark matter/energy? Because I have a pretty solid theory that could explain that without anything beyond relativistic physics.

I've got quite a few solid ideas, but I don't have access to academia, so I have to reach out via the internet to get feedback from others.

I don't want to go into details, but I have a conceptual model worked out as far as I can go without heavy number work, and I'd rather find a trained partner than spend ten years learning the math.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2009 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know what you mean by "spreading of cosmological objects".

However, the evidence for dark matter is there is far too little ordinary matter to hold galaxies or galactic clusters together. The idea has been around for quite a while.

For dark energy, the evidence was first observed about ten years ago and has to do with the apparent speedup of the universe expansion. This may be what you had in mind.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook